Chapter Fifteen

Colbys P.O.V

It was around midnight when I came home, Sam dropped me off on his way to another bar.

I only had a couple beers so I wasn't even a little bit buzzed, I noticed that Gary's truck was still parked in our driveway and The lights were on in the house, I groaned in frustration, wanting Gary to be gone before I got back.

When I opened the door it was like a scene out of a movie, Gary was standing behind the couch with his hand gripping the back of Josies neck as she stood on the other side of the couch, her head hung low with hair covering herI face, one of her arms was reaching back to grab Gary's hand like the other she used to wrap around her stomach.

"Hey, Colby, Glad you came home when you did, I wanted to tell you something before I left"he said, the muscle in his arm flexed as his grip on Josies neck tightened, jerking her head up roughly to look at me. I was so confused that I didn't even know how to react, I wanted to kill him for even touching Josie but I knew she wouldn't let that happen.

"Say whatever it is you need to say and then get out."I said, stepping closer to him. "How long have Josie and I been friends?"he asked, taking a step away from me and taking Josie with him "Maybe two months."I stated, not enjoying this game he was playing, with every step I took towards him, he took one back to distance himself from me, I stopped in my tracks to get him to stop dragging Josie around.

"How far along did that doctor say she was?"he asked, Josie started to claw the back of his hand but he wouldn't let her go "Seven weeks."I stated in almost a whisper tone, I could tell what he was getting at and I wanted to skin him alive for even insinuating it.

"So I guess you could say there's a connection there."he smirked, I looked at Josie who had been silent the entire time "Josie you don't have to protect him, he's just trash anyway."I said, Josie clenched her eyes shut and looked down "Can't you see this poor girl is terrified of you? She's practically shaking."he said glancing at her and then back up at me "I don't know why you are still here but let's get a few things clear, Josie didn't cheat and you never slept with her. Let her go before kill you."..

"I'm the one she really loves, tell him, Jo!"he exclaimed, grabbing her hair and pulling it to yank her head up "Say you love me, Josie."he mumbled to her, she bit the inside of her lip and shook her head "I can't"she whispered, he pulled her hair harder and caused her to nearly drop to her knees "Say it! Tell him you love me instead"he demanded "Don't say shit, Josie"I told her, her face was red and swollen like she had been crying for hours, Gary didn't let up and kept his grip on her hair "fine then, I'll just have to call the police"he said, pulling out his cell phone, Josie gasped and looked at him.

"You said you wouldn't if I agreed with you!"she exclaimed, he shook his head "you just stood there like a pathetic little girl, just tell him you love me and i-"the world felt like it stopped for a moment when Josie turned around and pushed him against the wall, kissing him on the lips. He dropped the phone before he could dial 911 and she kicked the phone across the room. I stared at her in complete shock, I've never seen Josie kiss another man, she clearly wasn't enjoying this and it was just a distraction so she could get his phone away from him but still... it kind of hurt to watch.

When she pulled away from him something in me snapped and I couldn't control what I was doing, it was like back at the hospital when someone would push me off the deep end but this was slightly different, I didn't black out like I used to, I knew what I was doing and yet I couldn't control it.

I pushed Josie out of the way and picked him up, slamming him against the wall as hard as i could, punching and hitting this guy anywhere I could reach. Josie didn't even try to stop me, she just sat on the floor and leaned against the couch.

After nearly ten minutes I finally stopped and calmed down enough to step back and look at what I had done to him. He was unconscious and his face was bruised and bloody, his shoulder was popped out of place and I'm pretty sure some of his fingers were broken from trying to hit me back.

I left him there and walked over to Josie, sitting next to her and lifting her chin to look at me "I'm sorry, Colby, it was the only thing I could think of "She apologized, the tears ran down her face and I could see a faint bruise on her cheek, she tried to cover her face with her arm but I simply moved it back down, I tilted her head to the side and moved her hair out of the way to see the bruise from Gary grabbed her neck so hard "Don't say sorry, I know why you did it."I spoke softly to her. She winced suddenly and pressed her head against my shoulder "What is it?"I asked her, she groaned in pain "what?"I repeated, she looked up at me "it hurts."she mumbled, i knew exactly what she was saying and my heart dropped "Come on, hopefully we can get to a hospital before it's too late."I said, helping her stand and then scooping her up so she wouldn't have to walk.

Yes, I left Gary in our house because when he wakes up I want him to remember what the fuck happened.

I had Terry drive us to the hospital and explained what happened, before I got out of his car he told me he would handle Gary from here...

Josies P.O.V

I got checked in fast since the nurses already knew what was probably wrong, they gave me a room and hooked me to all kinds of wires and tubes that check my vitals, sadly I was getting quite used to this scene.

A nurse and a doctor came in and the nurse pushed on my stomach gently to examine it "Any bleeding?"the doctor asked, I shook my head and stared at the ceiling "That's good. Your file says that you have had a few miscarriages in the past"he spoke, I nodded in response, the nurse felt around my stomach a little more and then took a blood sample from me.

"Everything seems fine, I think the pain you were feeling was caused by stress. The body has a funny way of telling us to slow down"he said, checking my vitals and then leaving the room.

A nurse came back in a few moments later to inform me that the tests came back clear and the baby was fine, they said that they would check me into the hospital for a couple nights until we leave for Maine, we also got a cab service to drive us for $500, a great deal in comparison to other services that we couldn't afford.

I was so glad to see these things falling into place, even if something horrible had to happen before they could. Staying in the hospital was rough but I knew it was for the best and they didn't trust me to stay off my feet while at home... I also just wasn't comfortable being at home right now.

___________________________________________________

Hey! I know things have been kinda dark and gloomy recently in these chapters but I promise things will get better... very soon...

Also I wanted to point out that I know it's hard for some of you to imagine Josie being an adult and having babies and stuff but that's one of the reasons I write this sequel, a lot of people still had this image of her in their minds that wasn't changing (and you know me. I'm always fucking shit up when it comes to what you want to happen in my books)

Anyway I hope you all liked this chapter, I promise things will get better soon ~D