Didn't expect to see you here

-The desert-

Starscream sighed, walking over the last dune of sand before reaching his spot. It was a huge mountain overgrown with plant life. There was one particular spot that he liked to sit and watch the stars.

Tonight was a special night in fact, a meteor shower was passing through and he didn't want to miss it. He climbed up and over the rocks, careful to avoid the vines that could possibly trip him.

He reached a little mossy area surrounded by trees and ferns. He sighed, settling down against the plush surface. He lowered his wings and looked to the sky, taking in a deep breath.

What he didn't know was the fact that he wasn't alone. His "secret" spot happened to belong to someone else as well.

"Didn't expect to see you here, Screamer."

Windblade's voice scared the living daylights out of Starscream and he fell over in the moss. He shot up, optics blinking profusely. Was he dreaming or was Windblade really standing right there? "W-When did you get there?" He stammered, his wings quivering.

"A few moments ago. And I thought I was the only one that knew about this spot." Windblade chuckled, taking a seat next to Starscream.

"I've been on this forsaken planet longer than you have, therefore it's my spot!" Starscream protested, crossing his arms across his chest.

"You're so cute when you're angry..."

"What did you say?!"

Windblade blushed and quickly glanced away. "N-Nothing. I said nothing...." she mumbled, nervously scratching the back of her helm.

"Mhm, yeah right. Anyways, I'm still mad about you shooting me out of the sky..." Starscream pouted, looking up at the night sky.

"I said I'm sorry, Okay?! I felt bad afterwards, trust me..." Windblade sighed, crossing her legs and leaning back.

They were silent for a few moments until Starscream came around.

"You know, you look stunning in this moonlight." Starscream mumbled, his face turning a shade of pink.

"Really? I never thought you were the one to flatter bots." Windblade giggled, blushing as well.

"I haven't seen you in eons it seems like. I almost forgot how beautiful you were until I saw you today..."

"Aww Screamer.."

"Stop calling me that." Starscream huffed, burying his head in his arms.

"Why? I've always called you Screamer, even back on Cybertron!" Windblade tilted her head in confusion.

"It's just... the other Decepticons made it a funny nickname for me. They make fun of me and call me that when I mess up or fail. I hate it." Starscream growled, gritting his denta together.

Windblade could feel the sadness within Starscream's spark and sighed, placing a hand on his shoulder. "It isn't what you thought it was, is it?"

Starscream lifted his head and rubbed his optics. "No, it's nothing like what I thought it was going to be. I thought I chose the right side, that I was fighting for the right cause... Turns out my stupidity got the best of me.." He grumbled, glancing at Windblade.

"That's not true. Megatron falsely advertised his goals to get more bots to join. You just happened to fall into that very same trap. You can still change, you know."

"I wish it were that easy..." Starscream muttered, looking to the stars again.

"What do you mean?" Windblade asked softly, scooting closer to him.

Starscream looked at her with sad, red optics and shook his head. "Megatron keeps a tight leash on his followers. Anyone suspected of treason is immediately terminated, even if they weren't trying to abandon the Decepticon cause. I've seen it happen right before my optics..." he sighed.

"I'm sorry. Maybe I can help somehow."

Feeling a little mischievous, Starscream snickered as a plan popped into his head. "I've got an idea, but it's kinda dumb."

"Let me hear it." Windblade smirked, causing Starscream to blush again.