Chapter 18

Jeremy's POV

  Mike turns his head and sees that I'm staring at Phoenix.  To be honest, I don't really buy this "nice guy" act he's doing.  Anyways, focusing back on Phoenix, I notice something.  She's almost completely still, but you can just barely see her chest rise and fall as she breaths. 

  Sighing, Mike goes over to Phoenix, picks her up, and gently plops her down next to me.  Huh.  Never thought that I'd use Mike and gentle in the same sentence before.  I go to turn towards Phoenix, but my body chooses this as the moment to register the burning pain the instant I move.  Holy carp, Foxy really did hurt me, huh?

  I ignore Mike's probing stare and gently move myself closer to Phoenix.  When I finally get to see her face, my stomach drops and my heart speeds up.  Her skin is a lot paler than it usually is, but her cheeks are rosy.  Even unconscious, she looks exhausted.  I bet if she was awake, her eyes would be a grey/blue color, lacking the light and normal color that's usually there; or they would be completely black, and nearly lifeless looking.

  I slowly move my hand to hers, hissing lightly as I move.  As I grab Phoenix's hand, after a few seconds, what I sense scared me.  My eyes widen in shock as one possibility plays in my mind over and over again.

Mike's POV

  I watch Jeremy as he holds Phoenix's hand.  His emerald eyes look like they're glowing, but how...he doesn't have magicks, does he?  Either way, they're wide with shock and worry.  He lets go of her hand, and his eyes dull slightly. 

  Turning to me, I can see that Jeremy's shaking lightly.  I wanna hug him but I'm not sure how he'll react to it.  Gah!  Damn it, stop thinking like that! 

  Then Jeremy says in a quiet but serious voice, with no stutters what so ever, he asks me this.  "Mike, what did she do?" 

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

  There!  Now I have to work on chapter 19!  Tell me what you think of this chapter.  Sorry it's so short, but I want to post things and school is already kicking my butt.  Heh...yeah.  See ya Little Spirits!  Ciao!

~Amy

💜❤0w0❤💜