Chapter 7

[Abigail]

Zoë had to endure two hours of lecturing from mom and dad. They both seemed to have calmed down later. Mom wasn’t sad anymore. She was angrier than ever. Dad, however, was still furious. The only reason he wasn’t in jail was because Brandon's dad decided not to press charges and convinced Brandon to as well, since he was already eighteen. He said it was an apology for the way his son acted toward me and Zoë. I knew there was a reason I liked him.

I stood near the stairs, listening but not interfering. For the most part, I was still pretty upset with Zoë, but I'm slightly over it. I think I may have made the situation much bigger than I intended, but on the other hand, I was disappointed. After all he did, she's still running to him.

I went into my room, not being able to stand anymore of the yelling. I closed my door, hoping it would drown out the noise downstairs. It didn’t, though. I lay on my bed, the headache from earlier pounding my skull. I put my hands over my ears; didn’t work. Not being able to take it anymore, I put on my shoes and hoodie and snuck downstairs and out the back door. I tried to be as stealthy as I could as I snuck next door.

I've been in Alexander's house once, and that was to work on homework. I remember him telling me his room was upstairs, since we stayed downstairs, and that is was the window in the front of the house. I searched the ground for a small rock and threw it at the window. I waited a whole minute for him to show up. When he didn’t, I got another and threw it. Three small rocks later, his light came on. His head popped out and he looked down.

“Abigail? What are you doing?” he asked frowning a little. Yeah Abigail, what the hell are you doing? This whole role is reversed.

“Sorry,” I said apologetically, “but I can’t take the yelling anymore.”

“I’ll let you up,” he said before disappearing.

Well, that was a pretty quick response. Surely he wasn’t thinking what I think he thinks. But I'm not ready for that, and seeing what Zoë’s going through, there was no way in hell I was doing it. But this is Alexander, he's not like that. But, he's a guy so of course he would want that. Damn it, why did I even come here?!

“Hey, are you coming?” he asked from the front door.

I pulled myself from my thoughts and stared at him. He had on no shirt. His pajama pants were riding dangerously low on his hips. I could see more tattoos on his chest. I can die happily now. All I needed was to see such a glorious sight to die happily.

I slapped myself to stop daydreaming. Pull yourself together woman! Sure, he was dangerously hot and you want nothing more than to throw your virginity at him, but you can resist these urges! You're strong so fight it damn it!

“Sorry about that,” I said stepping inside. He closed the door behind it and stood there, watching me. “What is it?”

“This is so unlike you. Are you the real Abigail?” he said smirking.

“Oh hush,” I said pouting playfully. Wait, when was I this playful and flirty?

“Wanna come up?” he asked. Yeah, of course I do, so I could jump your bones. But I can’t, since I don’t want to become a teenage mom and become like my sister. But thanks anyway.

“Sure,” I said instead. He extended his hand for me to go first. “Where's your mom?”

“Working late,” he said from behind me. Oh, he was too close. He was so close I could feel his breath on my neck. If I was to ‘accidently’ lean back, I'm sure I would be able to fall on his glorious chest.

“Oh, you said she was a nurse right? Must be stressful,” I said absently.

His room door was open and I walked in. I looked around, taking it all in. His walls were white and bare. His bed had sea green sheets and pillows and was unmade. A laptop lay on his bed. There were school books scattered over his desk and there were a few clothes on the floor. There was a medium sized flat screen in the corner of the room with a PS3 hooked up to it.