Chapter 1

His eyes blurred as tears streamed down his face. Sky was getting more and more abusive each day and Ty wanted to put an end to it. Sky was often caught hitting, shouting and even killing soldiers. Ty was furious. As Ty lay on his bed thinking about the previous argument they had that day, the salty tears dropped down his cheek, leaving a patch of wet on his green pillow. It started when...

"Sky, stop it, you're hurting him!"

"So what? Soldier #571 is only breaking most of the rules."

"He has a name, Sky! Now will you please leave Seto alone! He's not even in your part of the army."

"Ty, I'll tell you once and never again. Back. Off."

Ty glared at his taller friend as he held Seto close to his chest.

"Leave us alone, Sky."

That was it.

Slap.

Ty held his left cheek with his unoccupied hand as he held Seto with his right arm.

"I'm sick of you, Sky."

Ty walked off, taking Seto to the medical part of the building as he himself grabbed an ice pack from Quentin.

Seto smiled sadly at Ty, "Don't worry, Ty. He's probably just got something going on."

Ty sighed as he patted Seto's uninjured knee gently, "Maybe.."

Ty was disturbed from his deep thinking when his door slowly opened. Revealing a smaller boy with hazel hair and mocha coloured eyes, Seto.

"Ty? Can I sleep with you tonight.. I had a nightmare and I don't want to be alone.."

Ty hummed in a positive response as Seto shut the door behind him and crawled into the bed with Ty. Seto sighed as he huddled closer to Ty's heated body before speaking softly, "Were you crying?"

Ty shook his head as he held Seto close, "Just go to sleep, Set."

The next morning, Ty awoke with Seto missing from his bed.

'Must've had a mission early this morning.' Ty thought as he got out of his heated bed and stretched. As he walked over to his wardrobe, he looked in the mirror to see a bruise on his right cheek.

"Didn't he hit me on the left? I must be forgetting things.."

He picked out his white shirt and black jeans as he dressed himself.

Walking out his room and locking the door behind him, Ty headed towards the kitchen, only to see Sky yelling at Ian to back off.

"Sky chill, just.. go sit down, please.."

Sky huffed angrily as he left to sit at a table.

"What happened here, Ian?"

"I was making some cake and then all of a sudden Sky came screaming about using all the butter, but I hadn't used any butter at all yet!"

Ty sighed as he made himself a piece of toast and Ian spoke again, "I hope he grows up soon."

"Thanks Ian." Ty spoke a he sat in front of Sky eating some toast. Sky took a piece as he started speaking. "God my heads killing me.. I might go see Quentin later, also what happened to your cheek Ty?"

Ty blinked with confusion, "Don't you remember? You hit me yesterday."

"I-I did.. sorry my heads been killing all day, I keep forgetting random bits of yesterday. Sorry about hitting your cheek too, have you seen Quentin about it?"

Ty nodded as he thought for a second.. "Hey Sky, how about we go visit Quentin now, I do feel rather weak."

Sky hummed in response as he helped Ty stand up and they started walking down the long corridors. "So Ty? Why did I hit you?"

"You were yelling at Seto and kicked his knee, then I came in to stop you and you hit me because of it."

Sky was silent the rest of the way.

"Hey Quentin," Ty spoke, "Can Sky have some painkillers? He's got a pretty nasty headache."

"Sure, you might want to speak to Mitch and Jerome though, they come in every week each with different burns, tell them to be careful please? We can't keep wasting equipment and time on them."

Sky growled as he took the head relievers and left.

"Alright Quentin, I'm going to catch up with Sky, make sure he doesn't do anything to bad.. See you later!" Ty ran after the man.

Ty slowed down as he reached Sky.

"Ty, what do you think we should tell Mitch and Jerome?" Sky spoke gently, "I'm thinking just a slight lecture and then a small punishment?"

Ty smiled as he nodded at his friend, "Maybe they could clean my room, it's pretty stinky in there."

Sky laughed as he shook his head, "How about clean the beach? We've been needing that done for ages."

Boom.

"Dood! That was awesome!"

"You got it, biggums, is your arm ok though?"

Ty and Sky rounded the corner to see a small crater and the two menaces standing in the middle of it with a poor Jason behind them. "Mitch! Jerome! Are you exploding stuff? Again?" Ty stammered as Sky started laughing at Mitch's messed up hair.

"Hey biggums! Me and Mitch were just seeing what would happen to Jason if-" Jerome started but was interrupted by Ty, "It's fine guys, just calm it with the explosions or Quentin is going to kill you both."

Everyone except Jason was laughing and they both left as Ty and Sky helped Jason up.

"Gosh, they terrify me sometimes." Jason chuckled as Ty patted him on the back.

"Want to play a parkour map together, whilst we await the next battles?" Sky said fancily as Ty and Jason giggled.

"Of course, mr Butter, we would loooove to join you." Ty remarked in a fake posh British accent.

They all burst into laughter as they headed towards the map selector.

Ty though...'I hope everything goes okay.'