six - princesses and jesters

a thought - princesses and jesters

It's surprisingly therapeutic to look through the window of a car and watch the hundreds of thousands of strands of grass pass by in a blur, the golden dandelions against the dark trees, the mixture of short cut and long strands of grass. The colours are all so natural; a wide variety of yellows and greens – so fresh and new. And it is so comforting to know these plants are mine to see – in days, weeks, months, years different replicas of this memory will lie here, but not the same organic beings I have seen, they will be so slightly different: unique. It’s also so amazing to think about what’s happened in these fields: going back hours and days this may include dog walkers and outdoor hikers, or perhaps these pastures are the playground of rabbits and birds. But decades and centuries ago, what has happened in these very meadows? Were you once the grounds of rich families? Were you the land of a farmer? Maybe even medieval princesses attempted to elope with lowly jesters in these areas. So much lies in a field, although each day, week, month, year, different plants lie there. However, the place is the same: just filled with unique, fresh beauty. And I find that absolutely extravagant.