Prologue

"Johann," I called my secretary. "What's my schedule for today?"

He immediately opened her notes and looked for it. "You only have a meeting with the stockholders at 9:30am, miss Zamia."

I looked at my wristwatch, it's already 9:08am. I better get ready.

"Maghanda ka ng meryenda sa conference room. I'm going to eat my food there while waiting for them." Utos ko sa kanya. He then nodded and proceeded to the door. Nag-ayos na din ako ng mga gamit. I was about to stand when someone knocked at the door. Surely, that's not my secretary.

"Good morning!"

Funny how the man who ruined me into pieces greeted me with joy.

To think that back when I was in highschool, ako pa ang naghahabol sa kanya. That I can't accept our breakup and kept persuading him. But when the truth slapped me harder, I got no choice but to accept the fact, the reality that he only used me. I've changed and eager to attain the revenge I've longing for so long. Konti nalang, Zamia, at abot-kamay mo na. Don't sway your dreams with someone like him!

"I brought you coffee and donuts. I know you're hungry." Binaba niya sa lamesa ang dala niyang pagkain. As usual, I maintained my emotionless posture.

"I'm sorry Mr. Mercado but I already asked my secretary to get me my food. Much better kung ibigay mo yan sa mga babae mo, they would be glad to eat those." With that, tumayo na ako at akmang aalis na sa silid ng hawakan niya ang kamay ko.

"Zamia, I have no girls other than you. Tell me kung sino ang pinagseselosan mo and I'll fire her. I hate to see you get jealous," he said.

"Wow! Sobrang kapal naman talaga ng pagmumukha mo at nasabi mo pang nagseselos ako! Excuse me Mr. Mercado but wala akong pakealam sa mga babae mo! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting to go." Pagalit kong usal sa kanya. Damn it! Pake ba niya kung nagseselos ako! E hindi naman kami! Teka, galit ako sa kanya, diba?

"Okay then, will you marry me?" He asked, for the nth time.

My heart still skipped a beat even after hearing that for how many times. But, as I put into my mindset about my plan, I'll stick to the answer for what's best for me.

I smiled to him. "No."

Good thing he let me go and proceeded to the meeting. And to think na nakaconcentrate pa ako sa lagay na 'yon! My heart is still beating too damn fast! Kainis ka, Kaph!

"You're still fantastic as ever, Ms. Valdez! The sales are good as ever!" Mr. Vasquez said and I mutter my gratitude to him. Ganoon din ang mga ibang stockholders. They congratulated me for a job well done.

"That's because of my team, Mr. Vasquez and to all those who work with the project I have in mind. I couldn't do everything without them, po." I answered politely.

"You're too humble, iha! Well, I better go and contact me if you need help, okay?" He said and I nodded as an answer.

I waited until the stockholders went out of the room to face my team.

"Congratulations to your team, Mr. Romulo. Job well done! You can have an early out today and enjoy the remaining day to celebrate." I said as I gave my black card to them.

"Ma'am, you should join us!" Naia said.

I smiled weakly. Occasion like this is not my thing. I will never forget the humiliation done by my so-called friends, and my fucking ex.

"Thank you but I have something to do." I said and went out of the room.

Nakarating ako sa condominium ng mga dapit hapon. Usually I would rather go home very late because I'd rather finished my work for tomorrow than doing it tomorrow.