#ILoveYou

Three words and her name. Three horrible words and her name is what made Cat cry like she was being stabbed.

"Sam, please," She pleaded, "Don't say that. Don't!"

But the blonde was relentless with her words. "I said it, and I'll say it again, Cat! I hate you!"

"Sammy, please don't say that."

"Well it's the truth. Mama hates ya, and she's leavin too." The tough blonde started heading for the door, but was pulled back by Cat.

"Sam, please! Don't leave me, please. I need you." The redhead was pouring her heart out to Sam.

"Well, I don't need you! Ya know why?"

"No! No, Sammy. Please don't say it!"

"Cause I hate you, Catarina!"

"Stop, stop, stop!"
******************************************************************************************

"Stop, stop, stop! Please!"

Cat was jerking around in her bed, but her roommate/best friend, Sam Puckett was shaking her shoulder, trying to wake her.

"Cat! Cat, wake up!" She said.

The redhead jump from her bed against the wall in fear.

"It's okay, it's okay!" She heard Sam shout, trying to calm her down. "It's alright, Cat. It's alright."

Cat slowly started to sit back down on her bed and covered her face with her hands. Sam could hear whimpers coming from her friend and climbed onto the bed and sat beside her.

"You OK, Cat?" Sam asked placing a caring hand on her friend's shoulder. But as soon as Sam's hand touched her shoulder, Cat jumped into the blonde's chest and cried even more.

Sam immediately embraced the redhead, rubbing her back slowly. She wasn't much of a hugger, but after living with Cat for almost four years, she was used to it and was more open to it now.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked, genuinely concerned about the sweet redhead.

But Cat only responded by shaking her head against Sam. "Not..right..now. Later." She said in between breaths."

"Ok. We can talk about it tomorrow, ok?"

The redhead nodded. "Stay with me tonight? Please?"

"Sure, Kitty-Cat. Of course I'll stay."

"Don't leave me, Sammy."

"Mama's not goin' anywhere."

"I love you."

This made Sam freeze. Her heartbeat started going faster. She'd never say it out loud, but since the first year of living with the bubbly redhead, she'd developed feelings for her. But to actually hear her say the "L" word to here both confused and frightened the tough blonde.

'NO! Mama's not scared of anything!' She said to herself. 'Not a thing!... Except rejection of feelings from Cat.'

After a brutal internal battle between her ego and her heart, Sam laid back onto Cat's bed and cuddled with her, to which the redhead returned almost immediately. It took at least an hour til Sam could convince herself to go to sleep, and hopefully things would be fine in the  morning.

******************************************************************************************

The Next Morning

Cat awoke from a peaceful sleep and felt herself being held close to another body. One that smelled like motorcycle grease and barbecue sauce.

'Mmm. Sam is so comfortable. I just wanna stay in her arms forever," she said to herself. [rumble] But unfortunately, Cat's stomach was screaming for breakfast.