#FieryLove

Panic racked through her mind, her heart was racing. Sam was waiting outside of the apartment complex, waiting for the firefighters to come out with her girlfriend, Cat.

As she kept looking on, the suited men ran out of the flames, falling to their knees, trying to get fresh air into their lungs.

"Where's Cat?!" Sam asked running up to them.

"We searched the whole place," one of them coughed out, "We couldn't find anyone."

This made Sam even more scared. And that's not something she could say happens regularly. But if they searched the whole apartment, then where could she be?

Then Sam froze. Maybe they didn't search the whole apartment. There's one place where they might've miss. A place where Sam and Cat agreed to go if something to them in the apartment.

Thinking quickly, she ran into the complex.

"Need to borrow this!" She said snatching a firefighter breathing mask from one of them.

She ignored the shouts from the firemen and police officers and ran right into the fiery building.

The living room was full of the orange flames. You couldn't make one step one foot without getting burned. But she wasn't worried about that. She had one goal and she was going to go through with it.

She looked around, ran through the flames and made her way to her and Cat's bedroom. Their room had more smoke than fire, so it was easy to maneuver to their closet. Once there, she grabbed the clothes on the rack and throwing them behind her revealing the secret safe.

Punching in the code, 74739, the safe opened and she crawled through the tunnel.

"Cat!" She called out hoping to get an answer, "Cat! Are you in there?"

She didn't get an answer until she reached the end of the tunnel. "Sam? Sam, is that you?!"

The tough blonde saw her girlfriend stand up but then she jumped back against the wall when she saw Sam.

"AAAHHH!!! MONSTER!!!" The perky redhead screamed out of fear.

"Cat, it's me," Sam said taking off the mask revealing her face to her girl and pulling her into a hug. "I'm so glad I found you."

Cat returned the hug almost instantly. She was happy that the tough blonde had found her too.

"I knew you would, Sammy. You always do." The redhead said into her girlfriend's neck.

The two were so happy to be reunited that they didn't realize the smoke was spreading until it reached their noses.

"Sam, is something burning?"

The harsh reality came back to the blonde as she broke from the hug to look at the secret room entrance to see the smoke coming in and filling the room.

"Yeah, the whole apartment." Sam replied.

"WHAT?!" Cat screamed as Sam picked up the mask and handed it to her.

"I'm gonna need you to put this on and follow everything I say. Ok?"

The redhead nodded as they walked over to the hole. When they looked through, they saw the light of the flickering flames through the smoke. The fire was building the to their room.

"Sam, I'm scared." Cat admitted.

Sam turned to her girlfriend with a look of concern and love.

"Don't worry, we'll make it out. Come on!"