Chapter 16: Sensible Insanity, part 2

A/N: Just to be clear, this is a VERY mature chapter. At least after they go to the shower. 

"With indescribable rage,

unbearable sadness,

and great passion"

Orlando's POV

7:34 pm I walk down the stairs and can't help but wonder if she realized what she just did. In my book, she was too drugged up to realize she was flirting with me, even thought I knew that she had absolutely not forgiven me anything. The offering of the spare key was unexpected, and it changed my initial thought of just go back to Sydney and deal with this later. I glance at the Betty Boop key chain and decide that it's time for me to stop running this gag.

As I reach the bottom floor five pairs of eyes turn to look at me. I stop and look back upstairs. Elijah and Mae, Nora, Alex and Cody are all staring at me. I don't know if they are expecting news from her condition or that she and I have reconciled.

The latter I can't confirm, and the first one is not for me to tell. I'm no doctor; I can' tell if she's gone from bad to worse or from bad to better. I did get to keep my stethoscope from the Good Doctor, but other than that, I have absolutely no idea how to take care of a person with a severe case of bronchitis, other than what the doctor at the ER told me to do.

It was a shock for all but Elijah and Mae that I was at the house to wait for them, while Cookie slept and rested. Nora, Cookie's friend was the biggest sceptic, and I guessed Cookie had told her something, but not all of it. She had kept frowning at me the whole time she was in the same space with me.

"So how bad is it?" Nora asks first and glares at me.

"The doctor said it was pretty serious," I shrug and sit down to an empty chair by the table, "So, she's resting it out."

"Any changes?" Mae asks in return.

"I guess she's heading for better," I reply, with a shrug of my shoulders. I feel nervous and slightly out of place, and I turn to look at Elijah who seems, strangely enough, to feel right at home. Mae is leaning against him and twiddling with her fingers.

"You took her to ER?" Cody asks.

"Yeah," I nod.

"And you still have your balls intact," Nora sniggers, "She must have really been sick."

I swear I blush. She's blunt, which is refreshing after the Hollywood adulation and hype, but she could tone it down a little, as a personal favor of which I'd be forever grateful.

"Judging from the bulge in your pants, I'd say so," Alex says, leaning back. Cody leans over and glances at my crotch. I shift awkwardly in the chair and turn sideways to them. Cody chuckles and winks at me.

"What the hell you were doing?" Nora demands and gives me a murderous look.

"Nothing," I lie through my teeth and avoid all of their eyes. I don't know what I was really doing – or trying to do. It was like her former insecurity had been rubbed off onto me.

As they keep staring at me, I shrugs my shoulders and continue, "I came here, apologized her and she told me she didn't trust me. And then she got sick and everything happened so fast and now she's upstairs sleeping and I go on kissing her, because I can barely keep my hands away from her. But she didn't kick me out."

"You. Kissed. Her?" Nora asks, her eyes wide and her mouth gawps open.

"God, she has Balian of Ibelin playing nurse maid for her!" Cody moans out loud and I shake my head. When there are five pairs of twinkling eyes at me I sigh and shake my head, "No, she has Orlando from Canterbury."