Awake and (not) Alive

I am dead. I know this and I don't deny it. I've been dead for a long time, to me it feels like an eternity has passed. It feels like I'm not awake, yet at the same time, not asleep either. I'm aware of things going on around me, yet I cannot see, hear, feel, taste or smell anything. It's torture. Everything's so...empty.

I can't move. Can't speak. It's like I'm frozen. Floating in this dark, empty abyss known as death.

That's when I felt it. The first thing I've felt in what feels like forever. The tug at my navel. As the tug got stronger, I started to be able to move my limbs. My eyes flickered open, hot fresh tears flowing down my cheeks.

My surroundings flickered and changed before my eyes. I was still surrounded by darkness, this time however there were white lines forming a large cube room around me. A blue circle hovered in front of me, nervously I reached out a hand to touch it.

As my fingers gingerly tapped the circle, a black outlined white rectangle appeared in front of me. I flinched away and 'jumped' back slightly. How does one 'jump back' when floating, exactly?

NAME

Was it... asking for my name? Now that I thought about it, what was my name again? It had been so long since I've thought about it that I'd completely forgotten.

Looking down I saw I was still wearing my lab coat. Wait, how do I know it's mine? Whatever. Rummaging around the pockets I find something, a phone. My phone. Switching it on I tap on the text message symbol and tap on the newest message. It was from a person nicknamed 'Hard as Fuck'*

"Heya G, anime marathon 2nite my place. havin takeout, m thinkin chinese 4 a change. wot do u think?"

'So my name's G then, or at least my nickname is' I think to myself as I slip the phone back into my pocket.

Selecting the NAME box, I was given a selection of letters both capital and lowercase and numbers. I tapped the capitalized 'G' and pressed OK. The screen went blank before another message appeared.

IS THIS THE NAME YOU HAVE CHOSEN "G"?

YES   NO

I pressed yes. The screen went blank again for a few seconds, before another message appeared.

WELCOME, ADMIN G, PRESS 'O' TO CONTINUE.

Below there was a button with 'O' on it, I tapped the button and the message on the screen changed to a multi choice board.

STATS
APPEARANCE
SCREEN CHANGE

I clicked on STATS

G
HP: ???/???
ATK: ???/???
DEF: ???/???

A SOUL SHARD CONTAINING THE REMAINING CONSCIOUSNESS OF
DOCTOR ANDREA SILAS, AFTER SHE FELL INTO HER OWN CREATION TO SAVE A FRIEND.

It all came rushing back to me. My memories. The accident. If I could, I would have fallen to me knees as more tears prickled at the corners of my eyes.

Sniffing and wiping my eyes, I pressed the button that took me to the main screen. This time I pressed appearance. The screen showed a picture of...me? I think. I look... different.

My hair was the same length, there were still bags and dark circles under my eyes and my skin the same colour. That's about it for things that stayed the same.