Mustard Man

• Dedicated to Eva Cantwell

It was a hot summer day in the town of Goed. The town was located in the southern coast of England, just next to Brighton, and it had one of the biggest beaches in the entire country! It was a medium-sized town, with almost 30000 habitants but, still, everybody knew each other, even if it was just by view.

One of those habitants was Eva Good, a successful business woman that created one of a kind store, with over three hundred and fifty locations around the world! Unfortunately, despite all the money and despite all the power, she felt a little alone. Yes, we can say that’s a little bit cliché but it was the truth.

But let’s forget that. Eva Good was preparing a beach party for her friends, as that most of them lived in Portugal, and now they were visiting her. All of them! She was astonished when they told her the news; she couldn’t believe what they were telling them! Catherine (Cat), John, Rita, Ruth, Sandra, Mary and Dani (well, this one was stuck in the middle of monkeys and gringas, not in Portugal) were all long term friends with Eva since she was a little rebellious girl (well, she still is, but now she’s a rebellious wonder woman).

Catherine lived in Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal while John, Rita, Ruth and Sandra lived in Lisbon’s satellite city, Odivelas. Mary didn’t live very far away, as she lived in Tomar, Santarém, just some fifty kilometers away from Lisbon. Dani… well that was another story… She had to move away from Portugal when she had 13 years olds to a little country filled with gringas and cockroaches. But, hey, it’s life.

Back to the present, Eva convinced the beach bar’s owner, Louis, to rent her the part of the beach that belonged to him. After a little persuasion, she was able to do it. 

#BOKASINALIZADORA

“Okey, what do I need?” – though Eva while she was in the local bakery. “

“Hello, Miss G., what can I get for you today?” – said Harry, the owner of the bakery. She didn’t really knew the guy but she was friends with him. He was really cute, as he had curly hair, white marble skin covered with ink all over his body, hidden beneath his clothes, and some red marks in his neck that she suspected were made by the white teeth of the beach bar’s owner, Louis, that had matching tattoos with Harry.

“Well Harry, this will be a very big job for you, I don’t know if you can do this.”

“Miss G., I’m the best baker in all of England! Everything you say, I can do.”

“I like that attitude! Well, I need one big cake with three big layers, and some 50 chocolate cupcakes for tomorrow.”

“Okey, and what flavor will be the big cake?”

“Mustard!”

#BOKASINALIZADORA

 “Hey Harry” - said Louis while entering the bakery, just after it closed. – “What are you doing?”

“Oh, I’m doing a cake for Miss G. Strange flavor but, hell, she’s a friend.”

“Let me taste the pastry!” – said Louis while he approached the big machine.

“I don’t know if you’ll like it…”

#BOKASINALIZADORA

Eva was sleeping in her home, just outside the beach, when she heard a noise coming from downstairs. She carefully went to the kitchen with a baseball attached to her hand.

“PLEASE, DON’T KILL ME!!!” – said the strange men.

“WHO ARE YOU!?”

“I NEED YOU TO HELP ME!!!”

“WHAT!? WHY!?”

“I’LL EXPLAIN WHEN WE STOP SCREAMING OK!?

“OK, LET’S STOP” Eva paused. “Oops, sorry, let’s stop.”

“Can I talk with you?”

“Sure, I think…” Eva went straight to her dining room. “But let’s sit, I’m tired.”

They walked to the dining room and the strange men started to explain bizarre things to her. His name was Francesco and he was a subject of a sauce company trying to do a cheap imitation of the Dijon’s mustard. Guess that the experiments went wrong and his blood started to became yellow mustard and, as the government thinks he’s a national treat, he went MIA. He’s still a normal man, except for the fact that his blood and sweat are mustard, and someone talked to him about Eva as a kindred heart woman who loves mustard and would do anything to save something like that.

“Well, you can stay with me.”

“Really? Thanks!” – said Francesco while hugging her.

“Hey!! No emotions attached…”

“Right, right, sorry…”

“So, but can you go out to the streets?”

“Yes, I can. No one would recognize me in this place. That’s one of the reasons I came here to find you.”

“Oh, that’s just made me feel better.” – Eva said while laughing.

#BOKASINALIZADORA

The party had already started and everyone had already started to eat and have fun. “Hey, Eva! Who’s that cute guy?” - said John while his eyes were stuck in Francesco.

“He’s a friend from here and no, I don’t know his sexuality.”

“Well, that’s just a shame ‘cuz his ass is like, damn!!”

#BOKASINALIZADORA

John and Eva laughed while Cat and Dani were swimming in direction of the small islands. They loved each other and, as they didn’t see each other many times in real life, they lived every moment as if it was their last.

“C’mon, Cat! Swim! You can do it!

“You are in professional swimming Dani! The only professional I am is making love to you.” – said Cat with a grin.

“Aww, that’s sweet. But move your ass, we need to get there and come back before next week, you know?”

“Loles!”

They continued to swim until Dani heard some screams behind her.

#BOKASINALIZADORA

“HELP, PLEASE, CAT IS STUCK AND I CAN’T GET HER OUT OF HERE!”

“OMG!” – said Eva.

“I’ll help!” Mustard Man, as Eva called him, started to take of his clothes and run to the freezing waters. When he arrived, he noticed what happened: Cat was tired and needed rest so she swam to the nearest Signal Buoy she could find but, when she tried to continue her trip, her clothes become stuck in the buoy’s salience.

“Calm down, I’ll help you!”

#BOKASINALIZADORA

“You were such a hero!” Eva said after the party had been closed.

“Oh, it’s nothing. What could I do? If someone’s in trouble, I’ll help.”

“I’m in trouble, you know?”

“Why?” – said Mustard Man confused.

“I’m in trouble because I want you.” And they kissed…

She grabbed his hand and, while they walked into the sunset’s direction, Eva felt something sticky in Mustard Man’s hand. “I hope that this is not what I think it is.”

“Oh, don’t worry, it’s just mustard. Wanna lick it?”

“You can even imagine how I want to lick it!”