IV. Unexpected Roommate

Here's the next chapter! This one has a tiny bit of NaLu in it, I just couldn't resist! ;)
See you on the other side!
-
-
-
[Lucy's POV]

It's been three weeks since school began, and Natsu along with the Strauss siblings have been fitting in just fine. I've been seeing some progress between Lisanna and Rufus, which Mira and I are hoping will soon blossom into something else. Elfman and Evergreen argue a lot, kind of like a married couple. Laxus is always stealing glances at Mira, but whenever she notices, he immediately looks away. That's definitely not like him..

As for Natsu, he's perfectly fine with everyone, except for a certain 'Ice Princess.' He and Gray are constantly butting heads, but Erza always manages to get them to stop.

I glanced over at the digital clock on my nightstand, and it read 12:38 AM. I had stayed up late doing an assignment for my English class, and I finally finished it about twenty minutes ago. I quickly changed into pajamas, eager to go to sleep.

"Ahh~" I jumped onto my cozy bed in my apartment.

I live about two hours from my father. After my mother passed, I wasn't able to live in our family home anymore. There were too many painful reminders of her, and my father understood. He believed that I was old enough to make my own decisions, but decided to drive me to school on my first day anyway. He told me he had to do business in the town that I live in, so I gladly agreed.

I kicked off my sneakers and reached to pull my comforter up to my chest, but instead, I grabbed something else.

It looked like a certain pink-haired boy's muffler.

I jumped out of bed and tugged the muffler with it, and out tumbled a very grumpy Natsu.

"Uhh, good morning!" Natsu spoke, facing the opposite direction.

"I'm behind you, baka!" I grabbed his shoulder and turned him around.

"Hey, Luce. Is it time for school?" He rubbed his eyes and looked at me, head slightly cocked to the side.

"Natsu, it's nearly one in the morning! How long have you been here? Actually, scratch that. How did you get in here? I mean, I even changed my clo-" I was cut off by a hand on my mouth.

"Huh, Sting told me to do that if you were rambling. I guess it works!" He smiled down at me, and I had to force myself to not start giggling.

Instead, I licked his hand. He immediately pulled his hand back and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Don't lick my hand! You don't know what I could have touched!" He scolded me, and he sounded like a mom.

His comment brought a blush to my cheeks. Damn Gajeel and his dirty mind, he's passed it down to me! I pity Levy now...

"Natsu! Don't say things like that!" I covered my face and sat on my bed. "Anyways, why are you here? Aren't you staying with Lisanna's family?"

"Ahah, I was supposed to find my own place by the beginning of the school year, but I guess I never did.." He trailed off, turning his face away from me.

I immediately felt bad, although I have no idea why I said, "You can stay with me!"

His eyes lit up, and he ran up to me and gave me a hug, "Luce! You're the--bestest? Yeah, the bestest best friend that anyone could have!"

I laughed and returned his hug, "But you're on the couch."

He saluted me, "Aye, sir!"

"Who gave you my address, anyways?"

"Mira!"

How the hell did she get my address!?

I rolled my eyes and glanced at the time once more, 1:05 AM.

"Go to sleep, now! We have that volleyball tournament in P.E. tomorrow. Gildarts will be ticked if we aren't well rested. If he complains to Cana, she'll be on our backs about having to deal with him I gave him a stern look and pointed toward the couch.

He nodded and then went to lay on the couch. I climbed into my bed and drifted off to sleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.

-

"Natsu! I made pancakes!" I put three on a plate for me, and five for Natsu.

I also poured out two glasses of apple juice and placed a bottle of hot sauce on the table just in case Natsu needed it. He was already in his seat by the time I turned around, and I chuckled lightly at his love for food. We both started eating in a comforting silence.

"Luce, why are you eating so quick?" He looked up at me, with his mouth full.

"I need to put some makeup on, I can't go to school like this." I gestured to my face as I took the last bite of my pancakes.

"Why would you wanna wear makeup? We're only going to school." He was still staring at me but had finally swallowed his food.

"I want to look cute, is that too much to ask?" I slid my chair out from the table and started heading to my dresser.

"You're still cute without it, y'know." He bluntly stated.

I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at him, but he was still shoveling the pancakes into his mouth.

How could somebody say that so easily? Not knowing how to respond, I shrugged it off and made it to the vanity.

I grabbed my favorite mascara, applying a light coat of it. I really only applied mascara, lip gloss, highlighter, and the occasional eyeliner. I don't really think I needed foundation or concealer or all that other stuff. I don't believe anybody needs it. I just use makeup to make myself feel even more good about myself than I already do because, hey, self-love is where it's at.

[That goes for all you readers, too! You're all beautiful :)))]

After I finished applying everything, I walked back to the kitchen and saw Natsu doing the dishes. An evil look crossed my face as I snuck up behind him to scare him.

"Boo!" I grabbed his shoulders, but he wasn't fazed at all.

I pouted and lifted myself to sit on the counter, "Why weren't you scared?"

"I could smell you from a mile away." He was still focused on scrubbing the pancake pan, and I was about to smack him in the head, when-

"It's like vanilla, with strawberries. It makes you feel like you're at home." He shrugged and reached up to ruffle my hair when I grabbed his wrist to stop him.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks, "Ahah, thanks I guess..? Also, your hand is soapy and I won't have time to fix my hair!" I puffed out my cheeks.

He nodded and turned his attention back to the dishes, which were almost done. I looked down at my watch and realized that we had to be at school in an hour. I usually get to school 40 minutes early to hang out with everyone before classes start.

"Ready to leave, Natsu?" I hopped off the counter as he was drying his hands, and he grinned at me instead of saying yes.

I grabbed my backpack and reached for the doorknob.

Natsu put his arm in front of me before I can grab it, "You don't drive?" He arched an eyebrow.

I shook my head no in response, and he gave me another hug, "Arigato, Luce! Everybody drives to school and I hate vehicles!!" He exclaimed, lifting me up.

I laughed and squirmed, "Put me down!" He immediately placed me down, and I brushed myself off. I'm definitely taking note that Natsu is a very "touchy-feely" type of person. I walked out of the apartment and locked the door after Natsu exited.

I skipped towards the stairs and ran down the two flights, making sure I don't trip. Natsu was right behind me, and we began our fifteen-minute walk to school.
-
-
-
Welcome to the other side!
Today we have apple pie! ;)
I hope to see you all on the next chapter, and if you'd like, feedback is always appreciated :)
See you amazing people then! <333