eleven

"I've a bloody brilliant idea!" Sirius exclaimed

Dawn looked up from her Potions homework to peer at Sirius.

"What's that?" James asked.

"The Animagi spell!" Sirius exclaimed. "Let's do it - become Animagi. We can protect Remus from himself during full moons."

"You're loony," Dawn calmly replied. "Let's do it."

Remus looked at her with shocked eyes. "Dawn, honey, that's not a good - "

Dawn smacked Remus in the face and shoved him away. She crawled over Remus's lap to Sirius. "I wanna do it."

Sirius, Peter, and James grinned.

"That's my girl!" Sirius exclaimed to Dawn.

Peter sat in the back, listening to them go on and on. Remus did the same, watching his girlfriend strangle James because he said that she would become a kitten. Remus grinned. These were the friends that he knew and loved.

They used the Room of Requirement to do all their spells and potions. Dawn laughed loudly and manically as she mixed another potion and it exploded. She was covered in colors all over.

"REMUS, SHE'S OUT OF CONTROL!" screamed James.

"SHE'S GONE MAD!" Sirius shouted.

Dawn ran after James with a bubbling potion that was dripping onto the floor. James shrieked as Dawn tripped over a crack and the potion spilled on him.

"Oops," Dawn muttered.

Remus had his arms crossed over his chest and he walked over to Dawn, stepping over the puddle. He picked her up and carried her to a corner of the room. He patted her head and told her, "Calm down, Dawn. You're scaring everyone."

She looked up with her doe eyes. "I am? But James's girlish shrieks are funny..."

Remus chuckled and kissed her.

It took them a year at Hogwarts to finally complete the Animagi process. It turned out, they didn't need to make many potions. All they had to do was hold a mandrake leaf in their mouth for a month, make a potion from it, then repeat the incantations a daily basis. On the day they were ready, it had to be on an electrical storm.

Dawn glided across the room and ran into Remus. "Can we start?" she asked.

"When everyone's ready, Dawn."

She pouted. "Can I start?"

"When everyone's ready," he repeated.

"You stink," she muttered.

When everyone - excluding Remus, of course - was ready to start and went over the possible consequences and dangers, they held their wands to their hearts, repeated the incantation, then drank the potion. Their features began morphing into animalistic features until it settled on a final form. Sirius was a black dog with yellow eyes, Peter was a rat, James was a stag, and Dawn was a lion cub.

Dawn sat on her furry butt and looked at her paws with her big doe eyes. Her lion head fell to the side as she looked at her little paws. She got up on all fours after falling a couple times.

Remus couldn't help it. He picked her up and hugged her tiny body to his chest. Dawn nipped at him with her teeth. Remus chuckled and poked her nose. She sneezed and was struggling against his hold. She leaped out of his arms and back onto the floor with the rest of the Marauders.

She brushed against Sirius and poked at James's hooves. She playfully pretended to eat Peter and he scurried on his rat paws away in fright.

Dawn always had a thing for hurting James in particular. She thought that he was fun to play with. She stared up at his Animagus - a stag. James was feeling superior. He was much bigger and taller than Dawn as a stag and it made him feel like she couldn't hurt him anymore, but that was a lie. Dawn leaped forward and bit James. James kicked up on his back hooves and leaped away. Dawn watched him run around the room with amusement.

She walked over to Sirius's fluffy body and meowed. She hit him with her paw repeatedly as a way of saying that she wanted to play. Sirius picked her up with his teeth and swung her over to Remus. He caught her and kissed her ears. Dawn pushed his face away with her paws, but he didn't give up. He kissed her again and again and she kept hitting him. Finally, she turned back into a human and pushed his face away with her human hand.

Remus chuckled. "You are adorable."