FOUR

( chapter four! )
guilt

most people can tell when something bad is going to happen

most people can tell when something bad is going to happen. that little feeling you get in your stomach right before something happens. whether it be right before a car crash or right before someone is brutally murdered by a hooded man. ellie had that feeling. she had that feeling so bad that it was beginning to make her nauseous.

betty had came over earlier, sneaking out of her window when her mother and father were asleep. but now the blonde was fast asleep on the couch beside her, little snores were heard coming from her. ellie didn't dare try to wake her. no matter how scared she was and just wanted someone to be awake with her, she knew betty needed to sleep.

all night, ellie had waited for the black hood to call her. she wanted to reason with the man, try to get him not to kill anyone. but her prayers must have went unnoticed because at 5:00 in the morning, an hour before she and betty needed to wake up for school, ellie's phone lit up with a call from reggie mantle.

she quickly stood up and moved to the kitchen so she could talk without waking her friend. "hey reg, is everything alright."

"school is cancelled for the rest of the week."

her eyebrows furrowed. "why?"

"ellie," reggie stated, sighing sadly. "they found a body in the school's basement. it was a teenager and they're pretty sure it was the black hood."

ellie's heart sank at her boyfriend's words. "okay um, call archie and jughead and let them know to meet all of us at pop's. he was planning on keeping it closed today because he's out of town and it's just me, i'll just use my key to get us in."

she could hear reggie shuffling around on the other line before he spoke up. "will do, babe. be careful."

after waking betty up and getting dressed, the two girls were off to meet the boys at pop's. her brother was once again at work so she had no problem with getting out of the house.

as they pulled into the parking lot, they saw reggie, archie and jughead all standing outside. the two girls made their way to the group and ellie unlocked the door, letting everyone in. "i asked someone else to come, i hope you all don't mind."

nobody seemed to mind, although reggie was obviously curious. "who?"

as if the boy were waiting to hear his name, sweet pea came stumbling in the door and gave a soft smile to ellie. he was surprised and a little relieved when ellie ended up calling him to meet her and her friends but he was also a little grumpy since it was so early. "oh hey, it's sweet tea right?" reggie asked.

ellie and jughead shared a glance and jughead smirked. he and the taller serpent didn't seem to get along too much. jug also didn't get along with reggie too much either. maybe jughead just didn't trust any boy that showed an interest in his best friend.