It's a Celebration!

A birthday gift for my friend, Izzy! <3

Happy birthday, Izzy! I hope you like it!!

_____________________________________________

Edna shoved Sorey, Mikleo, Alisha, and Zaveid out of the house. She slammed the door against their backs. Both Sorey and Mikleo jumped at the sound. 

"I can't believe Edna isn't letting make dessert," Mikleo pouted. "She thinks she'll be done by the time we get back." 

"Well, this is Edna we're talking about," Sorey said, laughing nervously. 

"Well, I'd help you guys, but I have other things to do. See ya!" Zaveid left the group before anyone could convince him to stay. 

"Oh, well. Let's go," Mikleo said, waiting for someone to walk with him. Sorey started walking forward and the other two followed behind. Alisha giggled in excitement at the thought of where they were about to go. 

"I can't wait to see her reaction!" 

"Me too!" Sorey agreed. 

They made their way to their destination, which wasn't too far. The group hoped that Edna would be done with the preparations by the time they came back. Sorey stood in front of the door, about to knock. 

"Wait," Mikleo whispered. "We need to kill some time to make sure everyone makes it." 

"It'll be fine, Mikleo. I think it'll work out!" Sorey began knocking on the door and their friend opened the door, shyly. Sorey and Alisha jumped in unison, expressing their excitement. Edna instructed them not to make it obvious, but they weren't very good at hiding something like this. 

"Good thing we sent Alisha with them," Rose said, rubbing the back of her head. "She would've probably burned something." 

Rose was assigned to work on the what everyone would be having for lunch. While Edna worked on dessert and Lailah helped them both. She sped up most of the process with her ability to use fire. Rose believed they would be done before the others got back. 

"I really think you should've had Mikleo help you with the cake, Edna," Lailah said, watching as they both worked hard to get everything prepped and ready. There was a gleam of excitement in her eyes as she imagined the final product. 

"Meebo would just mess it up," Edna replied.

"Well, at least he could've made some ice cream to go with it." 

"No one will care about his ice cream." 

Lailah sighed and continued to watch them work and waited until one of them needed her. She already set all the necessities outside and decorated the place. Sorey, Mikleo, and Alisha helped her before they were kicked out. Zavied didn't do much, he commented on their choices and got yelled at by Mikleo. 

There was a knock at the door and Lailah clapped her hands together. "Ah! They must be the guests!" She walked toward the door and opened it, welcoming them all. So many of them came at once, Jude and Milla, then Rokurou and Eleanor, just to name a few. 

Some of them settled in their seats outside, while others went inside to help Edna, Rose, and Lailah with food and serving the ones that were ready. 

"I'm so excited!" Phi shouted. "I can't wait for them to return!" 

Mikleo made ice cream for the group as they made their way back to their house. "If only Edna let me help with desserts," he pouted, taking a bite out of his ice cream. 

"It's okay, we're enjoying it!" Sorey licking his lips, smiling. 

"I feel like I'm going to drop my ice cream," the girl they picked up said. Her eyes were blind-folded and Sorey was guiding her to their destination. He had his arm around hers as she continued to take a bite out of dessert. 

"Edna's going to get mad at me for this," Mikleo mumbled, unhappy with the circumstances. 

"She won't know if we finish it before we get there, right?" Sorey said, eating faster. "We never had this ice cream, right guys?" 

Everyone nodded in unison as they munched down on whatever was left of it. 

They finally reached their house and Sorey gave the single by knocking exactly ten times like they planned. 

"She's here!" Lailah shouted. "Hurry! Hurry!" 

"I am! Gosh!" Rose screamed, taking the plates outside and running back in to take the cake out, setting it in the middle of the event. "Phew, I'm just glad I didn't drop anything." She wiped the sweat off her forehead. 

"Now, hide!" Everyone hid under or behind the table as they waited for them to arrive. 

"Huh? Guess no one's home. Where'd I put that spare key?" Sorey and Alisha searched all around and couldn't find it. 

"Right here," Mikleo said after a minute. 

They unlocked the door and removed the girl's blind-fold and everyone stood up from behind the table, shouting in unison.

"Happy birthday, Izzy!" 

Sorey was the first to hug Izzy from his excitement and they all followed behind him, wishing her the best and handing her gifts. 

Finally, they all sat down and began to eat the main course. Once they finished, they sang happy birthday and Sorey smeared a part of the frosting on her nose as he laughed. She gasped and did the same to him.

"Hey!" He put some more on her face. 

"Guys! Stop, you're going to ruin the cake. We gotta eat it!" Lailah said, grabbing both their hands. Rose cut the first slice and gave it to Izzy, then began to distribute it to everyone else. And finally, she took a piece for herself. 

"Wow, Edna, this is amazing!" Rose licked the frosting off her lips. 

"Yeah, it is," Izzy said, smiling as she took another bite of the cake. "Thank you so much, you guys!" 

"Anything for you, Izzy!" Sorey wrapped his arms around her shoulders, closing his eyes and embracing the moment and so did Izzy.