Chapter 1

Wolf looked down at the tiny child he cradled in his arms, caressing her small delicate hand gently with his thumb. He bent his head down and brushed her soft fingers with his lips. She clutched his rough thumb in her small fingers as her large green eyes opened slowly. She looked up into her father's face, and his eyes crinkled at the corners as he smiled lovingly at his infant daughter. "Michelle Scarlet Kesley- Benoit," he said softly, holding the baby closely to his chest. She gurgled contentedly and exhaled into his shirt, before silently falling asleep in her fathers tender arms.

Wolf lifted his head to see Scarlet leaning against the doorway smiling at father and child. She walked quietly over to them and kissed Wolf on the cheek sweetly, before enveloping them both in a careful embrace. A tear slipped down her cheek as she pressed her lips to her daughters precious head, whispering, "I love you. I never want to loose you."

Wolf lifted Scarlet's head to meet his eyes. Her red curls stuck to her wet cheeks and he brushed them away carefully, his fingers lingering on her face. He stroked her freckles tenderly, her big brown eyes focused on the vivid green of his. Scarlet leaned into his neck, nuzzling him. Wolf tilted her chin back with his thumb and brought his face down to hers. Centimeters apart, Scarlet felt his warm breathe tickle her cheeks. Her eyes travelled down his scarred face to his lips, parted slightly as he breathed steadily, his pupils dilated as he stared hungrily into her longing eyes. Scarlet pulled herself closer to his lips, cradling her daughters head in her palm.

She pressed herself into him, his lips warm and soft, his wolf-like canines straining against his mouth. Her eyes slid shut involuntarily. He tasted like home to Scarlet, the flavour of tomatoes lingered on his mouth, pulling Scarlet further into him. Wolf was panting, his heart slamming into his chest. Scarlet's eyelids flickered open to see Wolf's eyes wild with hungry passion and the animal instincts stirring inside. She pulled away, her arms still wrapped around her husband and the baby. Wolf was still panting, his eyes still wild.

Scarlet brushed her lips on his. She untangled her arms from his back and held him at the waist. Wolf looked away, ashamed at losing control of himself.

"Wolf," Scarlet said quietly. Wolf turned his head to face her again, her eyes where searching his face.

"Wolf," she repeated, "I love you, you know that."

"Yes, I do Scarlet," Wolf breathed, before he delicately prised the baby from him handing her to her mother. He kissed Scarlet on her forehead gently, and left mother and child standing alone in the room. Scarlet watched him leave as another small tear slipped from her eye. Michelle stirred in her arms and she pressed the baby against herself as she sobbed silently into the child's blanket.