1.1

Uhh?

Was he... the villain?

.....

Okay, let's refresh for a moment, perhaps something went wrong.

「Uwaahh!! Host, this one is sorry, this one hadn't fixed the world's information!! QnQ」

Ah, so there it was.

「This is the correct information!」

A fresher stream of information flowed into his mind.

The body he was supposed to inhabit was named Wei Qiu, aged eighteen. (What happened to the age? Did it glitch, somehow?) He was the only young master of the Wei family, a big family focused on jewelry and entertainment. Has lived a happy life since childhood, being the only son of the two happy couple, before it was revealed that both his parents were homosexual.

It turns out that both of them were too scared to confront each other, and had only came out when Wei Mother spotted some... rather interesting pictures on Wei Father's phone. Both of them had talked and discussed for a long time, and had agreed that they should split up, because they only see each other as close siblings.

Then, as both parents had agreed, Wei Qiu would be living with his father from then on. Even though Wei Qiu had a bitter heart regarding the separation of his much-beloved parents, he understood that they needed to go on their own ways.

All of this happened when he was 16.

Then, on the day before he turned 18, his father brought home a lover. A lover with a child. A 15-year old child named Shang Lifang.

(Somehow, he felt as if he knew where this was going...)

Wei Qiu felt alienated from the household and moved out, claiming that he 'wanted to search for his own path in life'.

(Called it.)

Both his father and his new partner had fussed over him, before reluctantly agreeing, after they promised to send him funds every month. Then, as soon as he could find a place to live, he left the household. He found a stable job that promised him a good amount of income, found a wife, and lived peacefully, occasionally coming home to fulfill his filial duties.

It should be a fairly simple story, but why was he in a hospital?

「Ding! Host has unlocked the corrupted file!」

Corrupted file?

All of a sudden, he heard a high and shrill laughter. A distorted sound that made his insides crawl.

"Ah... this story is really boring. Why don't I change it up?"

"Let's see... There's no conflicts? The older brother is fine with having an intruder in the family? How useless!"

"Then, since that person intended for the main character to have a fulfilling life, why don't I grant his wish?"

"Since the main character is a reflection of that man after all..."

All of a sudden, the data within his mind shifted, as if someone was tampering with them. 

His name was Wei Qiu, aged 18. Mother and father divorced, and he-

-utterly loathed his stepbrother. 

Ah, so this was what the voice meant. From the day his younger stepbrother entered the household, he couldn't help but feel such deep hatred for him, stemming from the innermost insecurities regarding his parents' divorce.