9

I woke up with a sharp pain in my right hand. I had to look at the cast once over to remember the events of last night. I kissed him. Or he kissed me? It was amazing and after pulling away from him I remember him just starring at me before he said goodbye. 

Was it just a 'in the moment' type of thing? While getting dressed, I went over how I should react when I saw him in class. I decided to wear a nice outfit just in case this was something more. What would I say to him? Or should I just play it cool. My thoughts were racing in my head and I couldn't get them to calm down long enough for me to try and sort them out. 

With a quick fix up of my make up and after straightening out my blouse I decided a cardigan would go nicely. It was pretty nice out today but with the weather lately I didn't want to risk anything. Right before I walked out I remembered I would need a laptop since I couldn't write. 

I arrived a bit early to English class and debated whether to sit in the front of the class or more towards the back. I knew Harry didn't like sitting in the front, that's when I realized I was over thinking the situation and should just sit where I normally do. I walked over to the front of the classroom and plopped down in the first seat. 

As I sat there I heard more students coming in, I kept looking back every time the door opened but I met with eyes that weren't his. After 10 minutes I realized he wouldn't be showing up and I might as well just let it go. 

Just then the door opened again, "Hello class sorry I'm late. Mr.Styles was keeping me busy with his theories on Shakespeare." I turned to see both of them walking down and much to my surprise Harry was smiling. His eyes met with mine and I couldn't help but smile, he returned the smile and winked at me. What did that mean?

Even while I was sitting in the front of the class he came and sat next to me. I let out a deep breath that I didn't even realize I was holding in. I quickly coughed to cover it up but he noticed and silently chuckled to himself. I pulled my laptop out of my bag and opened it to a fresh page ready to write. 

As we started working on our assignment I got lost in mine. We were told to write about a time that affected us and relate it to literature. I decided that time in my life would be growing up without a mother. It was hard and sometimes not so fun when I couldn't talk to someone about a boy, or learn how to bake a pie. I don't know if real mothers did that stuff but I always envisioned my mother to do something like that with me. She would be the one I talked to about everything. 

It was especially hard when I didn't go to the mother daughter dance at my school or the baking fundraiser. My dad had offered to go with me but it just wouldn't feel the same. Instead my father and I would curl up on the couch and watch old home movies. I loved doing that and I was hoping when I went to go see him next weekend we could do the same thing. 

"Miss Sullivan would you please bring me your make-up paper." I heard. Crap. Between going to Rose's house, getting attacked by Chad, going to the E.R and lip locking with Harry I completely forgot about my assignment. I stood up from my chair ready to walk over there and tell her I hadn't done it, when a folder was pushed in front of me onto the floor. 

I picked it up and read my name on it. I opened the folder to see it was a paper I had to write. I looked over at the direction it came from and Harry was mouthing 'Go'. I walked over and placed it on her desk while still in disbelief. Harry had done the paper for me? How did he even know what to write about? How did he even know I hadn't done it? I was seriously looking forward to class being over

When we were finally done I was anxious to get outside and ask Harry about the paper. "Hey" I said loud enough for him to hear and turn around to look at me.