Twelve.

~ F i v e M o n t h s L a t e r ~

M A N I K

"Rise and shine!"

"Ouch! What the hell?" I glare at Noelle who is standing before my eyes flaunting her huge baby bump.

"Relax, I'm just waking you up, honeypie." She chirps pushing the thick curtains aside brightening up my room with the most unwelcoming sun rays. For a good few seconds, I close my eyes feeling my eyes turn blind.

"By throwing hot water on me? What, is this pregnancy doing wrong to your head now?" I look down at my clothes soaked in warm water and bend over to reach out for my pack of cigarettes but to my disappointment, there isn't a single one in it.

"Damn it! I have burned them all." I throw the pack away, annoyed.

"How long could your stock have existed anyway? To smoke cigarettes, you need to get out of the house and buy them but I'm sorry I forgot that you're in hibernation mode since past 5 months." She lifts her hands in the air dramatically.

Noelle frowns and curses more as she notices my room being the trash it is. The empty pizza boxes that I ordered weeks ago are still at the corner of my room with some other junk food; the ashtray covered till its mouth was spilling over my bedsheet which I didn't care to change for I don't remember how long. Oh and half of my bedsheet is on the bed and rest hanging on the carpet; the carpet which is mostly hidden under painting articles and piles of clothes. The table has all sorts of my drug pipes and syringes and my best friend watches everything mutely rotating her head before suddenly throwing a cushion my way.

"Are you fucking insane?" She yells and I catch the cushion.

"Are you fucking insane?" I shout back. "You know you really have an advantage of this baby right now otherwise you would have been knocked on the floor by now with a bleeding nose." I give her a soft glare placing the cushion behind my neck. Why is every part of my body paining?

"Oh yea? Woo, consider me scared." I roll my eyes at her drama. Drama was her major in high school, by the way. Just saying.

"Can you just get out of my house?" I cover my face with a pillow wanting to go back to sleep and save my bleeding ears from her shrill voice.

Out of the blue, I feel my hand being tugged and I groan, cussing out loud. "What the hell do you want Noelle? Let me be?" I hiss.

If I try, I can apply my full force and block her but she's pregnant and angry which kind of is a bad combination. So, I let her pull me out of the bed.

"I'm not letting you stay in the house anymore. Enough is enough. You have to get out in the sun. C'mon let's get some vitamin D." She yanks.

"What? Go away. Don't irritate me or I swear I'll punch you and your baby in the face." I groan swatting her hand.

Throwing a shirt and denim to my face, she shoves me into the washroom and announces she's not going to unlock the bolt unless I come out dressed. You see the tortures I have been blessed with in the form of women in my life?