b r o k e n

Peter POV

I laid, curled up on the floor near the door. Why? Because I could feel the slight heat coming from underneath the door. If Toomes gets a bit of luxury then I should at least be able to feel a small portion of it.

I slept only a little bit last night but in the time I was awake, I did a little bit of thinking. I have finally admitted to myself that Tony won't be coming for me. Blood or not, I was nothing but a burden.

He's a good man, but he doesn't need me on his back. No matter what, I feel guilty. I took up so much of his time, and now he's probably happy I'm gone, or, maybe he's feeling guilty about me.
I-I don't want him to feel guilty. 

It's all my fault.
It's my fault Liz left NY with a screwed up mind.
It's my fault May is dead.
Everything is my fault.

And I deserve everything that's coming for me.
Toomes will slowly kill me, yeah, but I've already accepted that.

I sniffled sadly, only to be brought out of my thoughts as Toomes opened the door. He didn't see me immediately and nearly tripped over me. Angrily, he kicked me, and I only curled up more. "Pathetic," Toomes spat with disgust, before grabbing me by my hair.

"They're onto me, Pedro. Why is that?" Toomes asked, shaking me wildly and I let out a short cry of pain. "I-I don't know! They shouldn't care about someone as worthless as me," my voice shook with pain.

"Ding ding ding, give the boy a prize," Toomes cheered sarcastically. "I think you deserve some water, don't you think?"

"No, no no," I cried, trying to pull away with to no avail.

Don't fight it, Peter. There's no point.

I went silent, allowing Toomes to drag me into the bathroom without a struggle. "I have to hand it to you, kid. Breaking you, was relatively easy," Toomes smiled.

"After I practically drown you, I'll do what I do best, drop a building on you."

"Okay Toomes," I replied simply, allowing him to dunk me in, pull me out, dunk me in, and so on. Toomes finally threw me to the floor, my vision blurry. I couldn't hear, as water was still stuck in my ears.

It was all muffled, and Toomes appeared to be kneeling down over me, checking me over. "Kid...alive?" Was all I could make out.

"Kid you alive? This wasn't a pleasant enough death for me," Toomes stated with a pout. I blinked in response, still breathing heavily. Toomes threw me over his shoulder and began to carry me. To where? I don't know, all I know is that I'm going to die today, and there's no hope.

As Toomes exited the bathroom and began to open the door to the cellar, I saw something, a small silhouette outside the small window of the cellar.

I closed my eyes, feeling weak, my own heartbeat hurt my ribs, causing all my breathing to be short.

"You know, kid," Toomes threw me into the white van.
Wait, since when did we get outside?

"I loved my time with you, watching you break, slowly. Piece by piece." A tear streamed down my face as the engine rumbled and the car started. It slowly lulled me back to sleep.

--Timeskip--

Muffled voices.
No.
A muffled voice. I opened my eyes slowly, squinting. "Hello!" Toomes bug eyes looked back at me, and I yelped in fear as he pulled me roughly out of the van, dragging me down a rocky path.

Nature, the outside. It's been a while since I've seen something like that. And it's... unfortunate, I won't see it again. "Home sweet home," Toomes sang.

I looked up and saw a new parking lot. I began to hyperventilate. "Toomes, please, just shoot me or something," I begged. Toomes voice clicked. "Ah, the freak speaks again. Shooting you would be too easy, don't you think?"

I lowered my head as Toomes dragged me inside. There weren't any cars inside. "Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can," Toomes sang, throwing me to the floor, before looking me straight in my face. 

"You know, this place has been abandon for years. It's very unstable, but because of you, the freak," Toomes fist connected with my face before settling back to his side. "I don't have the Vulture, anymore. But, I do still have bombs," Toomes held the bombs for me to see.

"With one press of a button, they'll go off," Toomes stood up and paced around me. "I sprinkled some here and there, and once I leave the building, they're going off."

Toomes smirked down at me evilly. "Any last words, pathetic freak of nature?"
I spat at his face with sudden confidence. "Fuck you! I did the right thing." Toomes wiped the spit off his face before kicking me in my groin. I could care less.

"See you in hell, kid."

I heard Toomes footsteps growing further and further. I tried to sit up but found myself too weak, water still in my lungs.

Worthless.

Pathetic.

Freak of Nature.

Freak.

Unworthy.

Penis Parker.

Puny Parker.

I've heard this all too many times, and only now do I believe them. A smile spread across my face as I heard Toomes footsteps, very far away. I get to see, my parents again. Well, my mother again. I get to see Aunt May and Uncle Ben. 

I haven't lost anything.

I can finally be happy again. I could hear the explosions and crumble, only for the buildings above to fall over me. I can't breathe. It's suffocating. I cough and choke, but I don't bother to cry for help.

No ones here to save me anyway. That's when I heard Aunt's May's hum. "Aunt May!? Aunt May, I'm down here! Please help me."

"Sweetie? Where are you?" I heard my mother call in confusion. "Mom! Mom!" Am I hallucinating from the toxic dust in the air? Eh, most likely. I can't feel anything, I'm just stuck.

"With great power comes great responsibility," Uncle Ben's voice repeated in my head. "Just let go, Peter.
"Come to us, Peter."

"I'm down here, please!" I cried out, trying to reach up to no avail. Their voices only grew louder, pleading for me to come to them even my supposed Dad

I dropped my head in defeat, closing my eyes. Everything was heavy. It burned, but it also seemed to hold me gently, lulling me into a deep slumber. I felt a light being pressed against me, the weight on my back finally going away.

"I FOUND HIM!" 
Alyx? Riddle?

"HE'S DOWN THERE!" Steve's voice yelled. I tried to open my eyes again, only to find I couldn't. "H-Help," I croaked out.

"Underoos we're coming okay?" Tony's voice shook with fear.

"D-Dad," I croaked out.
Then everything went completely black.