2.

Jared has been able to see in color since he got into high school. The beginning of freshman year? Maybe. Or the beginning of sophomore year? Maybe. It happened in the hallway. A crowded hallway. A face he never forgot; a face he soon learned belonged to Connor Murphy.

"Hey, Evan! Hey Connor! Loving the new hair length. Very school-shooter-chique," he joked. Jared loved the way Connor looked with long hair. He smiled widely, he loved Connor's blue eyes. He finally started learning the names of colors. Blue had to be his favorite. The color of the sky, the color of the sea... The color of Connor's eyes. He loved it. He noticed Zoe and Connor whispering.

"Oh my god! You're serious?!" Zoe surprised everybody with the seemingly random outburst. A moment passed and nobody said anything.

"You guys are so weird!" Jared laughed. He focused a bit on Connor's face. His eyes were wide, his cheeks were slowly turning bright red. "You okay, Connor?" Jared asked. He hoped Connor knew they were soulmates. His heartbeat sped up.

"Yeah. Wanna hang out after school?" Jared spirits lifted.

"Oh. Yeah. Sure." Jared felt like he was running his words together. He hoped nobody noticed. Connor took a sticky note from his locker, scribbled something on it, and handed it to Jared. Jared looked down at it, it was his number. Jared smiled and looked up, but Connor was already walking away. What the hell? Jared still felt all giddy, like a schoolgirl. He was finally going to spend time with his soulmate. He hoped.