Harmless Fun?

The next day, after I was rudely awakened by the frightened screams of Whos, Max comes into my room and tugs at my blankets. I groan before turning over and pulling my blankets back. Seconds later they're yanked off and I jump back with a shriek. "Get uh..." His words fall short.

By pulling the sheets off, he's caught me in my nightgown; dark gray with a ruffled skirt that comes up to my knees and a boat neckline. But in my haste the skirt had raised itself to my waist so that he can see the snowman panties I'm wearing and the neckline revealed the fact that I was wearing no bra. Max lowers his head into his paws, my face turns red.

"Umm..." Grinch just stands there, blankets in one hand, the other nervously tapping at his side. I regain myself and snatch the sheets from his hands and wrapped them around myself as I stood with still flaming cheeks. "Good morning." He says it so casually I have to slap him, it echoes throughout the cave.

"Next time knock before entering!" Before I went off to my concealed corner to change. There's a pause of silence as I dress, before he finally speaks.

"I was thinking about going into town today, have some harmless fun with the Whos. You want to come?" For a brief moment, I considered the possibility of slapping him again. He really knows absolutely nothing about women. But then I decide against it, realizing maybe a trip into town wouldn't be so bad. So I pause, before coming out from behind the curtain wearing a red knee high dress with green and white striped stockings.

"As long as no one gets hurts." He smiles nervously, I return it with the faintest giggle.

~

"Your disguise is ridiculous." "All Whos look ridiculous. Hence, I blend right in." "Someone could point you out." "Would you be paying attention anyone except yourself if you were in a shopping frenzy?" "Point taken." Pause. "You still look ridiculous." He chuckles lightly.

In order to make sure no one sees us, Grinch is wearing a ratty brown cloak and rather comical mask that reminded me of a forgotten mascot. I'm wearing a dark blue cloak with a silver trimming and a hood so no one could see my face. In the mist of the holiday bustle, I feel like I fit in but still stand out.

"So...what are we going to do first?" He turns to me with that goofy looking mask just as three Whos on their bikes fall down because the bikes fell apart. "Oh dear, someone has vandalized that vehicle." I look back to Grinch as he turns to Max. "You see Max, the city's a dangerous place." I get ready to arch my brow at his sudden precaution, until I spot the tool behind his back and I roll my eyes before following him.

The jokes he plays on the Whos that day are actually pretty entertaining to watch, so entertaining I decide to join; I trip a man holding a tower of presents and run off before he gets up again, nail a spitball on a woman who runs up screaming banshees exist, it was all great fun. Eventually we reach the post office where I sit back while he has a ball mixing up the Christmas cards. As his flicks of the wrist pick up speed, I laugh lightly.

"Oh Grinch, what a wonderful day this has been." He looks to me with an arched brow. "You really think so?" I smile with a gleeful nod. "Of course, wouldn't say it if I didn't." He pauses before smiling, it's a rather sinister looking grin but I find I like it. The moment's quickly shattered when the sound of approaching footsteps made both of us look to the doors. Before I can react he's leaped to to the ceiling with Max in one arm and me in the other.

My whole face goes warm, his arm's wrapped around my waist and he's so close I can smell the onion in his breath. Which, strangely enough, doesn't bother me as much as I thought. Unconsciously my hand had grabbed the first thing it touched out of surprise, and now I'm holding a handful the curly green fur over his beer belly. My breasts were pressed against the side of his chest, his heartbeat's almost in sync with mine, and his face is so close. I start to lean in, unseen by him, lips slowly puckering...

The door opens and I look down to see a little Who girl, she couldn't have been any more then six years old, her blonde hair's in the most outrageous style I had ever witnessed, her blue eyes the innocently lovely kind that made you want to be her friend, and her overall aura the type you might expect from an angel. She also hadn't grown into her nose yet.

Rather calmly, she picks up Grinch's mask which he dropped in his jump and looks everywhere but up. I pull myself closer to Grinch, breath frozen and my throat and slightly aware of how he glazes at me and finally realizes how close we are. The possibility of getting out is just out of our reach. When quite suddenly Max sneezes. "Gesundheit." Says both the Grinch and I, before freezing. The little Who girl looks up and screams.

We both drop down and I make a beeline for the door just in time to see the girl fall back into the sorting machine. Grinch attempts to walk away until Max stops him with a bite to the rear that has me greatly suppressing the urge to laugh. He glares at me and I bit my lip while still snorting behind my hand, he rolls his eyes. "Well, let's get this over with." And so we both pull the little girl out and headed off, rather we tried until she pointed out our brave deed.

~

"Wrapping her up in wrapping paper like she's some kind of doll? Wouldn't you say that's overdoing it a little?" He shrugs as we stride through the streets. "It was necessary to leave a mark, she'll be scared for life thanks to us." I roll my eyes before glancing up at Mt. Crumpit.

"So how are we going to get home? Cause I really don't feel like trekking back up that again."He grins. "Who said anything about walking?" Before I can ask, he raises the trash can lid and gestures to it with and flick of his wrist. "After you." My jaw drops. "Are you serious?" "Do I look like I'm joking?" He doesn't, so with a faint prayer on my lips I hop inside and start to slide, him and Max following close behind.