Chapter 12- What does the Future Hold?.

Once the walls had slammed shut sealing the three boy's fate the whole Glade seemed to descend into utter shock as some boy's around me dropped their jaws in amazement not believing what they just witness was true.

"FOR SHUCK SAKE!" Newt screamed finally reaching the crowd, his forehead was slick with sweat as his chest rose up and down with each rapid breath he took. Finally Newt reached the entrance pounding his fists on the stone cold wall as he let another frustrated shout out sending birds that were once perched happily on the trees surrounding the Glade into flight as their shrieks echoed into the distance.

Pressing my lips tightly together I glanced over at Chuck, who's eyes had remained riveted to the wall as though he expected Thomas to come bursting out there, a wide dazzling smile plastered on his face with Minho and Alby running eagerly behind him... Alby free of any lethal cuts or bruises on his body. However that dream may never cease to exist. They weren't gonna come back.

"Newt they're gone" A voice explained directly to my right, snapping my head around I witnessed Gally pushing himself up off the ground before he turned to face the whole crowd, a look of sorrow was slowly making it's way up his face.

"That's it they're  gone forever" Gally announced staring at the group with a simple blank expression, no sign of emotion was present.

"We have to move on" Gally continued placing his hands on his hips as a couple of concerned murmurs rippled gently around the area. Gladers left and right turned to each other questioning themselves about what they had just witnessed.

"Are you kidding!" Teresa exclaimed throwing her hands up into the air as though she was admitting defeat before she walked forward, her face enraged with a such anger that made me step back in fear, not wanting to mess with her.

"We have to go back out there!" Teresa shouted biting her lower lip, "Come on Gally. We have to save them!".

"No" Gally simply replied staring Teresa square in the face for a few seconds before continuing, "You saw what happened Greenie?. The doors closed!, It's over!".

"Maybe they can survive the night!" I butted in stepping beside Teresa as I flashed her a sly grin before turning to consult Gally.

"Me and Newt survived the night so maybe they can do the same!" I continued gesturing to Newt who had remained silent during this horrible time. 

Chewing his lower lip while he thought of a comeback for my statement Gally glanced at Winston, who was running a hand down his acne covered face darting his eyes to the Gladers surrounding us.

"Oh that's really strange (Y/n)!" Gally exclaimed advancing towards me, his jaw clenched in utter fury, "You survived a shuckin' night in that buggin' Maze so If the Greenie survives that means something is goin' on between you two!" He cried .

Mouth dropping in shock I added, "Nothing is goin' on with me and Thomas!" before turning my back on Gally, widening my eyes at Mae to hint to her she should take control and end this conversation once and for all.

Thankfully seeming to catch the hint from the raging sea of emotion, Mae strided towards the Leader of the Builders.

"Look Gally" She began, her voice surprisingly calm, no sign of anger of rage was present, "I'm sure Thomas, Alby and Minho will survive the night, I have faith in them and so should you".

"I'm sorry Greenie but that's it their gone" Gally replied curtly pressing his lips tightly together as he took a last glance at the gigantic Maze walls before he turned sharply on his heels, walking off towards the Homestead. A few other Gladers: possibly Builders immediately ran off to follow Gally as though they were mindless sheep following their shepherd.