Chapter 1

Adrien walked up to his father's room and knocked on the door. He held his breath as it opened and smiled nervously at his father. "Adrien, I was just about to take care of an important business matter, please make this quick."

"Uh, good afternoon to you too father, I was wondering..." He paused and quickly tried to word his question. He had to word this in a way where his father would accept it.

"My friends asked if I could go get ice cream with them tonight, since I...
couldn't last time." Adrien glared at his father for a split second, before frowning at his father as he looked down at him a second after. "Like I told you last time Adrien, you have a very busy schedule and hanging out with your friends would interfere with it. You will have to find some other time."

Adrien silently scoffed. Yeah, as if he'd let me out next time I ask.

"But father-"

"Stop Adrien, I've heard enough, go to your room." Adrien opened his mouth to respond, but rethought it and walked back to his bedroom.

Adrien
- Hey Nino, my father won't let me out again. Sorry...

Nino
- Ha. Its fine bro, we wouldn't be surprised if the old man didn't. Maybe next time.

Nino walked to Alya sadly shaking his head. Alya turned to Marinette, "Hey girl, it'll... Just be us three again, sorry." Marinette turned to her, "His father didn't let him out again... Didn't he..."

Alya nodded. "But you could still come get ice cream with us. It'll still be fun, I promise." Marinette sighed, "No... Its fine. I'm tired anyway, so I'll just head home."

Alya and Nino sadly watched Marinette walk away before going off to find the ice cream stand.

***

Back in Adrien's room, Plagg watched as Adrien stared at his food. He was obviously frustrated. The Kawmi understood though, even he hated Adrien's father.

"Kid, if I were you, I would just walk out of the house without asking." Adrien just looked at his Kwami for a few moments, actually considering it before shaking his head. "Yeah I wish..." Adrien looked out his large window for a few moments then turned to Plagg. "What do you think my father's doing now?" Plagg just shrugged before swallowing another wedge of camenbert. "Well whatever he's doing might take him a while, so Plagg I was thinking-"

"Kid, no, it's too late and there's not even an akuma-"

"Plagg, Claws Out!"

Adrien, now Cat Noir, chuckled. "Sorry Plagg. Finish your cheese later."

He jumped out his window and leaped across the rooftops of Paris. Being away from his house, and his strict father right now calmed him, no one else in Paris would know he wasn't allowed to be out. After a few minutes, he stopped on a familiar rooftop.

This was the place he confessed to Ladybug he loved her, the place where he gave her the rose. Ladybug... The only thing that could make his night better would be to see her.

Coincidently, he saw Marinette walk out to her balcony. What is she doing out here so late?

Cat Noir decided to go over to her, it wouldn't hurt to talk for a few minutes. He snuck up behind her like he did the first time, many nights ago.

"Hello again, Princess." Marinette gave a strained laugh and didn't turn around. "Hey kitty." She'd know that voice and nickname from anywhere. Cat Noir cocked his head, "Whats wrong, you don't seem like yourself tonight." Marinette then turned around and looked at him. "Huh? What do you mean?" Oh crap wait... How is Cat Noir supposed to know that? "Um. Well, you just look really... really sad tonight..."

She didn't respond, and turned back around. Yeah. Something defenetily happened. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" The blue-haired girl sighed, "Well, I was supposed to go get ice cream with my friends tonight, but... one of them couldn't make it. We kinda expected it, since his father's a jerk."

Marinette contuined, "But I still really wanted him to come. Just like... How ladybug didn't show up that other night." Cat Noir didn't say anything. Of course he knew she was talking about him. Why does she sound so... Regretful? And why is she so sad I couldn't come? Its not like she never sees me at school, I literally sit right in front of her.

"I'm sorry he couldn't make it, Princess." Cat Noir chuckled half-heartedly. "I was supposed to.. uh.. go to an activity too, but... strict rules preveted me from going." Cat Noir mentally face palmed. Smooth. If Plagg was here, he'd laugh his petty head off at me right now. Hopefully Marinette doesn't suspect anything.

But Marinette just nodded. She didn't know what to say to make him feel better, because she can't really relate. If she was doing well in school, her parents would always let her hang out with her friends. If only there was something she could do...

"Wait here Cat Noir."

Marinette rushed down the stairs of her house, tripping and falling down halfway. For a klutz like her, carpet stairs are dangerous. After recovering from her fall, and thanking God no one saw her, she gathered a few pastries from her parent's bakery, and brought them back up to the balcony.

"Here kitty, take these." Cat Noir smiled gratefully at her, "thanks princess." Marinette nodded, then smirked. "Now I wouldn't stay any longer, someone will be expecting to see you in a few minutes." And with that, she walked down to her bedroom, closing the trap door after her. Tikki gave Marinette an amused expression, "Wow Marinette, I didn't know you could be so considerate towards Cat Noir's feelings." Marinette just rolled her eyes and chucked a pillow in the kwami's direction.

Cat Noir sat on the Eiffel Tower eating the pastries, waiting for Ladybug to show up for patrol. "Hey, Cat Noir. Oh wow watcha got there?" Cat Noir turned to his partner, "Oh, just some pastries. Want one?" Ladybug shook her head and knowingly smiled "I'm good, but thanks. Where did you get those?" Cat Noir smiled, "A very good friend gave them to me me."