Chapter 4

Ugh... Another Father-Son talk...

As Adrien stood in front of his father as his alter-ego Cat Noir, all he could think about was how he could have prevented this..

If only I knew something was up when I noticed the window was closed.. If only I knew something was up when my father started acting differently.. If only I could speak to Marinette in a way where I wouldn't get in trouble... If only...

"Adrien, I need an explanation."

Adrien hung his head low, and he squeezed his eyes shut as his transformation dropped. "I was chosen, Father... I didn't really have a choice. And I know that you don't want me out of the house, but I needed to save Paris..."

Mr. Agreste held back from a furious remark, but if he wasn't careful, it might make Adrien suspicious...

"I... I understand son. I know you do great things with you mira- uh, ring to help people. Because this seems very interesting, may I have a look at your miraculous? I want to... check out how nice it is. Its not every day you get to see a magic ring. "

Adrien looked up at his father in shock, never in a million years would he think his father would be okay with all of this. Wasn't he way too overprotective and scared for him to leave the house? And now he's okay with him risking his life every day to save a city? Something wasn't right...

Adrien slowly took off his ring, ignoring his kawmi trying to frantically warn him.

But he was cut of by a cry from his father's direction.

"No!"

Nooroo watched the whole thing, and without a second though, he objected. He knew all this was wrong, and he couldn't imagine what his master would say or do to him because of this.

"N-no?" Adrien didn't recognize that voice.

Nooroo knew there was no going back, he had to stand up for Adrien. He floated out from where he was hiding.

"Master, you cannot take advantage of your son this way. It's not fair for him... Or at least it wasn't."

Mr. Agreste looked in anger, shock, and confusion at his Kwami, he was so close to grabbing Cat Noir's miraculous, but Nooroo ruined it. Now Adrien had the ring back on, holding on to it protectively.

"Nooroo, you're-"

"F-father? Is that... A Kwami? The butterfly Kwami? HAWKMOTH'S KWAMI?"

The was the closest chance Mr. Agreste had so far from getting a Miraculous, so he quickly reached out and tried to take the ring from Adrien. But Adrien turned around and sprinted out his bedroom door, with his father chasing after him.

"Adrien, give me your miraculous! You would if you knew why I was doing this! I promise you its for a good reason, trust me! I'm not as bad as you think I am!"

By then, Adrien was gone. Gabriel Agreste stopped trying to chase after him, and he turned around, once again defeated.

Gabriel Agreste sat back down in the chair in his son's room. Not only did Cat Noir, but he messed up also. If only he took care of the situation differently, he might have explained his reasons and get half of what he wanted. But right now, that wasn't one of the most important things he needed to take care of right now.

He ordered Natalie and the bodyguard to search for Adrien (and/or Cat Noir) Then lowered down to his basement, where his secret lair was.

He couldn't lose hope again, and he had to fix this. There had to be a way where he could take Adrien's miraculous without him knowing, then all he had to do was find Ladybug's and take hers.

***

Adrien stopped to rest from running. He was so shocked, and he could only imagine how his father felt right now. Plagg floated up to him. "You okay, kid?"

Adeien shook his head,"I dont know, Plagg. Everything is just so... Confusing."

There was silence.

"Yeah I understand Adrien, but... What are you gonna do now?"

"I... I need to find Ladybug."

Plagg snorted, "Theres no way. You don't even know who she is! So you can't find her, sorry. Who's the next best person?"

It didnt take him long to respond.

"Marinette."

***

After transforming back to Cat Noir, he landed on Marinette's balcony. He quickly knocked on the trap door. "Princess, please let me in. This is important."

There was no response, so he knocked louder.

Still no responce.

Well, I guess she can't help me now. What else should I do? Cat Noir stood up and prepared to leap away, when he heard the trap door open. Thank goodness.

Marinette sleepily looked back at him. "Why are you back? Its really late, kitty."

Cat Noir fought back the tears he's been holding in. "I-I couldn't find Ladybug, and I needed to talk to her because something came up. So, I decided to come to you until I can find her tomorrow."

Marinette looked back at him in confusion. "But, couldn't you just go home?" Cat Noir just shook his head. "No... I can't. I can't stay there... That's why I came here..."

Marinette stared at him for a second, "If It's okay that I ask... What happened?" "Well..." He didn't know what to say, because if he said anything to specific it might reveal his identity. "I don't want to risk anything..."

"Cat Noir, is this bad enough to where you actually need Ladybug?" Cat Noir nodded. "I think I know just what to do. It might take me a while, but I'll be back." Cat Noir nodded, and watched her leave.

Marinette closed the trap door and walked to her living room. Tikki flew out from her hiding spot. "Marinette, what are you going to do?" Marinette turned to her kwami, "I need to talk with Master Fu, to see what he thinks of all this." Tikki looked back at Marinette's bedroom, she knew what was going on, but she didn't know why Adrien needed Ladybug because of family matters. But she trusted her holder, and hoped for the best. "Ok, Marinette."