8

Markus and Essence

I pulled up through the alley and I texted Essence to come outside. I know I shouldn't be here. I know that I should leave, but I couldn't just stop it. I feel like a man that have been hypnotized. I really couldn't stopped it. Even though everything in my body wanted to.

Essence came out wearing her light pink coat. It perfectly matched her skin tone. I helped her to get in the car. I can tell that there was something on her mind.

"What's wrong Ess?" I asked.

"We have a problem Markus." Her head held down.

"Please dont tell me your pregnant?" His body start to sweat.

"No! I'm on the pill. I'm not stupid Markus. Its more scary than an unplanned pregnancy."  I was so scared to tell him.

"Whatever it is we can fix it Ess." He leaned over and kissed me.

"We have to stop this Markus." I stated.

"Esseence we had this conversation already." He sat back in his seat.

"Look I'm serious." My voice firm.

"You just scared Essence. We never got caught. This whole year. Never! Relax." Markus leaned in for another kiss.

I blurted, "JR knows."

"How did he find out? You told your boyfriend about us? What tf Essence? I could go to prison. Damn!" Markus was anxious now.

"I wasn't trying too. It just kind of came out. We were fucking and I yelled the wrong name out. I'm sorry Markus. I know he won't tell." I tried to assure him.

"Essence you blurted out during sex with your boyfriend my name. Anyone would say something." Markus put out there.

"He not a snitch. He wouldn't do anything foul like that too me. Thats a guarantee." I rubbed up his arm.

Markus was quiet for what seems like an century.

"Talk to me Markus." I pleaded.

"Get out!" He said to me angrily.

"Wh-what?" I was confused.

"Get out my car Essence!" He yelled at me.

"Watch your voice with me Markus. I'm not done talking to you." I sat up.

"Essence I'm not going to ask again." His voice was holding so much back.

"Markus you smokin dick if you think that I'm going to get out of this car. You gone have to put me out. We both have to-"

SMACK!

I grabbed my face. I couldn't believe that he hit me. I have never been smacked before. To be smacked by a man is worse. I couldn't believe it. Until the blood dripped down my lip. I let out a small cry before I lifted my head up.

"You hit me Markus!" I said with tears and blood down my face.

He turned and looked at me. His whole face was a different color. Like he just got ill for a second.

"Essence I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

I got out the car before he could even finish. Holding my face. Tears pouring down my face. The events of my night I just couldn't believe it.

Why the hell didn't I stop her? She didn't deserve that at all. I was just reacting off emotions. I don't hit women. I love Essence. Oh lord! My dumb ass done got myself too caught up. She was right it was time for us to get this to a end.

Calling Essence
*voicemail*

Calling again
*voicemail*

*Answer the phone*

I drove off sending a message.

*Essence, I didn't mean to hit you...This secret getting out and I-"

Swerve outta control

BOOM! CRASH! FLIP!

I can't feel anything. I hear the sirens in the background.

EVERYTHING GOES BLACK