Dirkjake(I wrote this a long time ago)

uh like,,, its a weird kinda au like the trolls are human and no one ever played sburb and all that shit
i wrote this at 4 am dont judge
like seriously you dont wanna read it
"You should go" Roxy had told Dirk. "It would be fun" she said. She however, failed to notify him that his ex boyfriend that he was totally 100% over was gonna be there.

There Dirk was, standing at a bar, with some of his old friends. He had to admit, the reunion was pretty rad, especially since his little bro got to see his asshole boyfriend or whatever which meant he would not be bothering Dirk. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy his bro's company. He just didn't want to deal with anyone's gossip or drama or whatever.

"Dirk? You okay buddy?" Roxy inquired.

"Sorry I just spaced out," Dirk said, somewhat distractedly.

"Oh really? Because I thought maybe you were looking at a certain someone," Roxy stated, smirking. "You should go talk to him."

Dirk almost spit his drink out. "Why the hell would I do that!"

"Because you've been looking at him for like ten minutes. Seriously, what's the worst thing that could happen?"

"Fuck it. you're right," Dirk announced, "I'll go over there once I'm a little less sober. If something bad happens, I can just blame it on the alcohol."

"I think that you just think that the more alcohol in your system, the more likely you are to hook up with him."

"I-" Dirk protested. "Shut the fuck up."

"You're not arguing cause you know it's trueeee," Roxy teased.

Dirk flipped her off and walked over towards Jake. "English, hey. It's been a while."

Jake turned around and Dirk swore his heart stopped for a second. He was just as attractive, if not more than before. He still wore his stupidly adorable nerdy glasses. His expression changed from surprised to a small smile. "Hey Dirk. What have you been doing with your life for the past five years? Hooking up with girls?"

"That's rude!! Assuming that I was participating in heterosexual activity!" Dirk said, laughing. "But seriously, I haven't done any of that stuff. I've been finally going to college."

"Dirk that's wonderful! At least one of us have been."

"Well what the hell have you been doing?"

"I opened a restaurant with a few friends," he said quietly.

"That's great! I'm sure you found some hot girls to hook up with," Dirk said mockingly.

"In all honesty I haven't really done anything to get in a committed relationship. Nobody seems to be the right person. You know?"

"Maybe I'm the right person," Dirk said too quietly for Jake to hear.

"Sorry, what did you say? It's hard to hear in here. Would you like to talk elsewhere with less people?"

Holy shit. HOLY SHIT. Was Jake flirting with him? "Yeah sure uh yeah that would be cool." real smooth Strider. Ten outta ten.

The two of them walked towards the balcony and Roxy smirked. "Hey John I'm about to be ten dollars richer. Your money."

"Holy shit you're not serious right?"

"See for yourself."

Jake leaned over the balcony a smile dancing on his lips. "So what were you saying back there?"

"Oh it was just another sarcastic comment. You know me." It was a believable lie. At least Dirk thought so.

Jake turned around to face him. "Oh really?" Dirk did not expect that. Honestly where did shy Jake English go? Maybe he was just comfortable enough around Dirk to be himself. What Dirk really didn't expect, was the feeling of Jake's soft lips against his own. He never even imagined that he'd be able to feel that again. God, he missed this. And then he was kissing back. All the emotions and passion from five years apart, being set loose with one kiss. And then he was pinning Jake against the wall. Jake's hands were in his hair. Dirk's sunglasses fell to the ground. He didn't care. All that mattered was that he had his Jake back. That was all he needed.

"Ew gross, get a room you two," said Roxy, stepping outside. "JOHN YOU OWE ME TEN BUCKS!" she called back inside. "See Dirk? Everything worked out."

"You bet money on us?" Dirk said, only half annoyed. He knew that he did the exact same thing when his brother and Karkat started dating.

That night, Dirk went back to Jake's hotel room after the party.

Dave was glad to have his and his brother's house all to himself so he could listen to Ariana Grande on full volume unironically. He was slightly disgusted though, knowing his brother was getting fucked.