Flatline

Valkyrie POV

The building loomed over head. The faded bricks had seen better days. The paint on the walls was faded and peeling. A light flickered over head as you moved without a sound. The floor creaked as you lifted your foot entering the building. The mission was to retrieve ex-marine Y/N. After killing his entire platoon he disappeared only to return as the mercenary Flatline. Behind you a loud snap startled you. Frost was hanging upside down from the leg. A small rope was wrapped around her leg. "A little help?" She said dangling in the middle of the hall. 

Carefully Blackbeard cut her down. "He knows we're here." You said face darkening. Thatcher gripped his gun tightly. "Pulse, Thatcher, Frost. You take the basement. Blackbeard, you're with me." You order looking at the slack rope. They nodded and went to the basement. "Megan, is it really a good idea to split up?" Blackboard whispered next to you. "No, but we need to cover more ground." You whisper back. Just than a small thud came from the other room. The two of you look at each other as you get on ether side of the door. You hold three fingers up, signaling for the count of three. Your partner nods as you rest your ring finger. Slowing your breathing, you lower your middle finger. Finally with a deep, quiet breath you lower your last finger in a fist. 

Blackbeard's foot kicks the old, oak door sending dust everywhere. He stepped in with you practically on his heels. Your guns raised in the empty room. The only thing you could hear was your heavy breathing. The room was faded and old like the rest of the building. Suddenly a net fell on top of you. A foot came from behind the door. It landed in your partners calf. He helped from the kick a spun around but the man was gone. "What the hell?" He said under his breath as he helped get the net off you. 

"We made contact. Be alert." You whisper in you mic. The two of you continue down the dim hall. Rounding the corner Blackbeard reached for a flash bang. His belt was empty. "Sneaky." He said impressed. Than a small ting landed at your feet. You look down a see a flash bang. "Flash bang!" You yell as it went off. A blinding light blasted from your feet. 

Thump. Click. The white light fades from your vision. Blackbeard lay on his stomach. His hands were cuffed behind his back. "He as the key." He said nodding toward the door. You chase after the man. You round the corner and see the target making his way up the stairs. Sprinting after him you make it to the third floor. 

He reaches an empty room. "No where to go." You tell him. Something glistened in his hand. He turned a threw two knifes at you. Each embedding itself  in the wall next to you on ether side. "You missed." You said with a smirk. "No I didn't." He said pressing a button in his other hand. A fast reeling sound came from the knifes. Suddenly a force pulled you against the wall. A small cord wrapped around your stomach. Flatline walked up to and retched for your thigh. He removed your side arm and removed the firing pin. "I'm not going to kill you." He said softly placing the gun back in your holster. "For my safety." He said tucking the pin away. He started to leave. "Your friends are fine by the way. I don't hurt those who don't deserve it." He said walking out of the room. Barely five minutes pass before your bindings go slack. Slowly you pick up the key to Blackbeard's handcuffs and leave the room. After removing the cuffs from your ally you start towards the basement. The three were perfectly fine. On the way back you couldn't get what the man had said. I only hurt those who deserve it. What happened on the day that he killed his platoon.