Eight

It was different being open twice a day instead of just once a full day but then again it made since considering it was hotter in the afternoon. She smiled as she passed by some people who were looking at a relic that was found twenty years ago in the temple of Cleopatra. The scepter was one of many things that were found in the tombs. This what she loved about working in a museum; the smiling faces, the occasional questions and of course the new knowledge whether its giving it or receiving it.

“Excuse me?” She turned around at the deep voice and had to blink a few times. Cleo wanted to pout in disappointment. She thought it was Ramses but of course her luck wasn't that on point.

“Yes?” It shocked her how alike this man looked towards Ramses. The only difference was, his hair was longer and Ramses’ blue eye was on the right side, “is there something I can help you with?” The guy chuckled slightly before smirking.

“No, just wondering what had my brother's attention. Have to admit, he didn't choose poorly.” Chills ran through her body as he looked her up and down.

“I'm sorry but….who are you?”

“I’m offended my dear brother hasn't mentioned me.” He gave a pout before smirking, “I'm Horus.” She blinked.

“As in, the god Horus? You're named after a god?” She supposed that would make sense but why name this guy after a god and Ramses after a pharaoh? Were their parents on crack? He chuckled before leaning over.

“What if I said, I was that god?” She raised a brow at him.

“The gods don't exist.” This guy had to be on something. He shrugged.

“Cleo?” She turned at the sound of her name to see Ramses standing there. He was looking past her though and narrowed his eyes, “what are you doing here Horus?”

“It's nice to see you too dear brother.” Horus smirked then looked at her, “see you around, angel of the stars.” She watched as he walked away. How in the world did he know what her mother called her?

  She clocked out and walked up to Ramses, there was pain and anger sketched on his face. Placing a hand on his arm, she looked at him with concern.

“What did he say to you?” She raised a brow.

“He was just talking nonsense.” She shrugged. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Cleo, I'm serious.”

“And I'm telling you it wasn't all that serious.” Cleo shook her head as they headed back to the motel, “he said his name was Horus and asked me what if he was the Horus.” She rolled her eyes, “of course I thought he was full of shit. The gods don't exist. Although he seemed kinda hurt that you haven't talked of him or anything.”

“I don't mention him because there isn't anything worth mentioning.” Cleo gave him a concerned look at the hostile tone he used and he sighed, running a hand through his hair, “look, Horus isn't all that nice and when he shows his nice side, it usually means he has ulterior motives behind it.”

“So you think, because he just talked to me that he's what? Planning something?” Ramses nodded. Well, she guessed that he knew his brother best.

“I just don't want to see you hurt or in the middle of anything.”

“How long has this fighting been going on between you guys?”

“For as long as I can remember.” she nodded as they entered the elevator. Guess some things just aren't meant to be fixed, she supposed.

  What the hell was his brother thinking? Of course Horus showing up shouldn't have surprised him but the fact that Ramses had seen them together and talking did not sit well with him. It took everything he had not to grab Cleo and shield her away from Horus’ gaze but that would probably set whatever plan Horus had into motion faster.  He sighed and glanced down at the woman next to him. Cleo was lost in her own thoughts and his eyes wandered over her body. He needed to be buried in her. He needed to hear her scream his name, moan out from the pleasure he would give her and - the elevator doors opened and she walked out. He signed and followed after her. His hormones were going to have to wait. Horus showing up meant trouble, big trouble and Cleo's safety was number one. He still didn't know what his brother had planned but now that he seen and talked to her, he was sure Horus was going to start whatever it was soon. He walked into his room as Cleo walked into hers and ran a hand over his face.

“She seems nice.” Ramses groaned.

“Why are you here Horus?” Ramses glared at his brother who sat on the couch drinking a glass of scotch.

“Come now, is that anyway to treat your brother?” He smirked and crossed his legs, “I think it’s time we had a nice little chat. Why don’t you have a seat.”

“I’ll pass.” Harus narrowed his eyes.

“Humor me.” Ramses blinked and found himself sitting in a chair across from his brother and Horus smiled, “now then, I know you and the others are planning on sealing my back in the abyss but unfortunately that isn’t going to be happening anytime soon.” he didn’t like where this was going. And the fact that Horus made him appear on the couch was something to take caution too.

“What is it that you want?” His brother grinned and that made his stomach turn. This couldn’t be good.

“Tell me Ra, or should I say Ramses?” Horus spat out the word in discuss and leaned forward, “How would you like if Cleo found out what kind of person you were? Or the fact that she will soon ripped from you before you even have a chance to bind her to you completely?” Dread filled him but that was soon taken over by anger. Horus was pushed back against the wall and held there by the throat as Ra’s power bursted from his human skin.

“Don't even threaten Cleo, brother.” Horus laughed.

“Oh I was threatening, especially when we both know that mommy and daddy dearest won’t approve of her,  but it is something that will happen. Unless…” Ra narrowed his eyes.

“Unless what?” he had a feeling he wasn’t going to like the next words out of his mouth.

“Unless you give me the soul of King Tut.” his gripped loosened and he tilted his head, studying his brother.

“You know very well that i don’t have control of that nor would I be able to get it.” Horus rolled his eyes and pushed his brother back.

“You’re the only one that has it in good with Anubis that if you asked sweetly, he wouldn’t questioned it.” He chuckled as he headed for the door, “I’ll give you a week to get it, dear brother.” Ra watched his brother leave before sighing and rubbing his face. What the hell was he going to do? More importantly, what did Horus need with Tut’s soul?

**sorry if its short but I hope to write more. My brain isn't wanting to work XD. Until next time***

~S