💋𝟗.

"You should've called me. . . Why you never call me? Why you never call me? Oh, you should've called me. . ."
-Jhene Aiko💋

Chapter 9:

Ariel

Ariel couldn't get August out of her head

Ariel couldn't get August out of her head. Even while she was on the job or at class, he was constantly entering her thoughts, and she hated herself for feeling him so much.

It had been two weeks since their steamy encounter on the rooftop and she was open. Why hasn't he called me? she thought to herself. I knew I shouldn't have fucked him so quick. He probably thinking I'm one of these money-chasing thot bitches.

Ariel shook the thought of August out of her mind as she reluctantly crawled out of her black Faux Leather California King bed and stretched her arms high above her head.

She tiptoed as her body extended in relaxation toward the sky, causing her to shriek in delight. She looked at herself in the mirror and wiped the sleep out of her eyes.

She pulled her hair up in a high sloppy bun and noticed the slight bags that were beginning to form under her eyes. I've got to get some rest, she thought. I look like shit.

Going into her bathroom, she
handled her daily hygiene. Then left out making her way to the kitchen, while softly humming the melody of Never Called Me by Jhene Aiko.

Coming down the hallway, she almost busted her ass tripping over a Batman action figure, she kicked the toy out of her path as she continued towards the kitchen in irritation.

Ariel went inside of the refrigerator and grabbed herself a bottle of water. Removing the cap from the bottle, she took a sip as she glanced around her surroundings, it was a mess.

Examining the pile of dishes resting in the sink, she angrily exited the kitchen. Looking out on to her living room, since she realized that she didn't pay attention her first time passing through, she saw that it was a mess as well.

There were toy's and laundry all over the place, as ashes and cigarettes butts decorated the coffee table, along with used cups and plates chilling in plain sight. The scene infuriated her because she has never kept a dirty house.

Even with her cousins moving in, Ariel would still clean it from top to bottom to ensure that it was presentable for company at all times. So to see that Nina would allow her home to look like a tornado just came and went, was beyond shocking.

There would be times when she would see a few items scattered around here and there, but nothing to this extent. The house was in complete utter chaos. She could no longer live like this, enough was enough for her and this was the final straw.