Choosing and getting to know your camera

First things first you need a camera to start shooting. You may already have it or you may want to buy a new or more advanced one. There are numerous different categories of cameras. You do not in this case want a video camera since it's for photography. Here are some of the differen't kinds of cameras.

1. Dslr

Dslr stands for Digital Single Lens Reflex

Dslr stands for Digital Single Lens Reflex. These are the best cameras you can get when it comes to digital photography. These cameras include interchangeable lenses, full manual control, often high resolution photos and raw image capture. If you are looking to be doing professional work and get the most out of photography this is the camera for you! These cameras can however be expensive and typically run about $500 to $3,000. You can find used ones for a bit cheaper however when it comes to cameras new ones are often the way to go but if your not good at taking care of things then maybe a used one isn't such a bad idea.

2. Csc (aka mirrorless, compact system camera)

These kinds of cameras are the second best to dslrs

These kinds of cameras are the second best to dslrs. These cameras also have interchangeable lenses. Manual control, usually raw photos are available too. These cameras unfortunately don't always have view finders though you can buy ones for them however they are digital which isn't as good as having an optic view finder because it's better to be able to use your eye on its own because the viewfinder has a limited resolution. 

You may also have or want more simpler cameras. Like phone cameras,bridge/superzoom cameras, point and shoot cameras, action cameras, and of course film cameras.