Home At Last

I woke up to the blinding sunlight and the warmth of Amethyst's hand on mine

I woke up to the blinding sunlight and the warmth of Amethyst's hand on mine. I slowly sat up, gaining recollections to where I was- the sky above Canada. As soon as I got my glasses on my face, I looked to Amethyst, to check wether or not she was awake yet. She wasn't.

Despite the bed hair, drool, and tears, Amethyst was surprisingly cute while she slept. Her fingers were wrapped tightly around my own hand. I pulled it away.

Amethyst must've noticed that, because she soon sat up, stretching her arms in a yawn.

"So where are we, exactly?" Amethyst said, climbing over me to look out the window. This startled me and I shoved her back to her seat, saying, "Over Canada. I think we'll be landing soon."

"Yeah." Amethyst responded. Shortly after, a cheery-looking flight attendant knocked on the compartment door. Amethyst opened it. "Hello?"

The flight attendant was revealed to be pushing a cart. "Would you two like any breakfast? We'll be landing soon!"

It took me a while to comprehend the two statements, and I declined the offer of food. Amethyst, on the contrary, ordered a plate of tortilla chips and peanut butter, which the flight attendant's cart somehow had.

Amethyst offered to share her breakfast with me as the plane descended, but I declined her offer and started to pack up my belongings that were scattered around the cabin, and changing out of the bathrobe the plane had provided and into my own clothes- a thick, dark green jacket worn over two layers, on top and bottom. On top of that, I wore a fluffy green scarf. It usually got below freezing in the winter up in Canada, and I was coming prepared. After I suggested getting dressed to Amethyst, she got up and got changed in the plane restroom. In a few minutes, she came back in an outfit similar to mine, but in purple.

The plane landed with a slight impact, making me jump in my seat. As soon as the little 'ding' that represented that it was ok to move around the plane sounded, Amethyst and I stood up, grabbed our bags, and made our way out of the plane.

"There you are!" Pearl exclaimed. "Did you have a good flight?"

I glanced at Amethyst and nodded. "Yeah. We did."

Lapis walked past us, earbuds in her ears.

"And how was your flight, Lapis?" Pearl asked.

"Eh." Was Lapis's only response.

We were soon greeted by Steven, Greg, Ruby, and Sapphire, who all shared Pearl's general enthusiasm for the flight.

"I'm just happy we all made here safe and sound with no casualties or problems whatsoever!" Pearl exclaimed as we walked out into the airport.

The air was colder here, and I was glad I was wearing a scarf. The airport was large and full of people, all of whom seemed to be staring at us.

As we moved around the airport, reclaiming our baggage, I became more comfortable in our surroundings, as well around Amethyst.

After going through customs, the group reached the pick up area, where a woman was holding up a sign reading, 'The Universe Entourage'.

The woman was tall, with an almost square shaped black Afro, similar to Ruby's hair. She was wearing almost-opaque sunglasses and a leather jacket.

"Garnet!" Ruby said, running up to the woman, Sapphire following. The couple hugged 'Garnet'.

Pearl walked up to Garnet after the family reunion hug was done. The two of them exchanged a handshake.

"It's nice to see you all again." Garnet said. She turned to face me. "You must be Peridot."

I nodded. "That's me."

Garnet glanced at Amethyst, smiled, lowered her sunglasses, and winked at me, as if to tell me everything was alright.

I glanced at Amethyst, who was on her phone, just like the first time I saw her.

Garnet led our group out of the airport and through the city. The cold air brushed my hair away from my face. I pulled my scarf closer around me. I was home.