Abuse

Abuse. Abuse is a cruel and gnarled hand of pain and suffering. Why would someone want to inflict a pain that great? Something that could not only scar you physically, but emotionally causing doubt. Fear. Anxiety. Ptsd, and a number of other mental illnesses. Why? I ask again. Why!? Why do you use hands that should care and nurture to damage and tear me apart!? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Do you do it because the same has happened to you? Do you do it for fun? For your amusment. You come home late, and you've had a bad day. You drink until your numb. Why do you want to hurt me?... I've done nothing wrong. I'm just a kid. You've destroyed my life. You caused me to shut my heart away, to shut myself away from everything! From my emotions! From my friends! You've taken away my childhood! Made what was supposed to be happy memories terrible and twisted by what you call strength. You hit me till I can't move. You lock me away and leave me starving. My bones become visible and my body is covered in cuts and bruises. You'll never care about somone other then youself. Not even your own child. I'll never be able to live normally because I can't act myself anymore. You beat into me the concept that I am worthless and will never deserve love or happiness. I pray for healing, it never happens. I've become a hollow shell. A puppet that you control. I'm stuck at the back of a tunnel I call my mind crying out for someone to save me. Please. I dream of a light that appears in my dark and lonely life. In this dream I reach for the light and grasp it. I the find myself somewhere I've never seen. It's bright and beautiful. I can feel the warm rays of sun on my now unmarred skin. There is no more darkness, only warmth and peace. I'm finally safe, free from all the hurt, from all the pain...but then the light and the peace that accompinied it disappears and I'm gone again. Back in a dusty and cramped room with a broken arm and a weak frame. I don't have much time left I can feel my life draining, but I can't help but feel happy. Once my soul departs from this world all of this will be a distant memory and I'll be free. Finally free....I exhale once more and I smile.

Finally...