Chapter 2

Heyyy it's me ecko. I know this chapter is super short and kinda boring but it's necessary. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Ecko's P.O.V.

  I walked out into the orphanage's courtyard, it was my favorite place to go. I sat down and stared at the beautiful garden. My cellphone beeped it was from Darren:

Hey Ecko are you ok? I'm at practice today text or call if anything is wrong(: xx

I smiled, he was so sweet. My bruises were still sore but they were fading quickly. I walked back out of the orphanage and down the sidewalk. A familiar voice called out my name. "Todd!" I grinned. He smiled back at me. "You look very beautiful today," he said charmingly. He was such a flirt. "Let me walk with you," he insisted. We walked to the forest and sat down on a bench. He put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. 

     Then I heard the sound of snapping branches and boys yelling. I looked aroung panicked for somewhere I could hide. Todd looked at me worryingly "What's wrong?" I looked down wishing I could just dissapear. "It's nothing." He looked at me suspiciously. "Guys look It's ECKO!" a voice grunted. I winced and folded my arms against my stomach. Todd frowned and asked "Who are they?" I just kept looking down hoping they would leave. I looked up cautiously and saw Hunter towering over me. "Hey Slut." he sneered. Todd stood up. "Ecko is not a slut." Hunter laughed. "Who's this? Your Boyfriend?" he taunted. "Ecko's got a boyfriend" he sang. He frowned "Are you ignoring me?" he growled. "Remember what happened the last time you ignored me bitch?" He pulled me up and was about to slap me when Todd grabbed his arm.

 "Big mistake." he grinned. Todd kicked Hunter in the stomach and flipped him to the ground. I stood mouth agape. I'm pretty sure I heard some ribs crack. Hunter stood up slowly. "You better watch your back Ecko, you and your boyfriend are gonna get it." he snarled ferociously. I took a step back instinctively when I felt two strong hands grab me on the waist. I looked into his eyes and they were a deep red, different from his normal dark brown. "Fuck off." Todd retorted viciously. Hunter scrambled to his feet flipping us a bird and then running after his friends. Todd smirked held me a little tighter. I was honestly shocked. I know I have only known him a few days but I didn't know he was capable of violence. He seemed so sweet and peaceful. I wriggled out of his arms and took a couple of steps backwards.. He arched an eyebrow at me as if saying 'I just saved your life and now i'm the bad guy?' he smiled at me showing two extended incisors, gleaming in the setting sun's rays looking sharp enough to slice through bone. That's when I passed out.

--

Nick's P.O.V.

    I bicycled home, exhausted after a long day  practicing with the team. I stopped a couple feet away from the orphanage doors. Hoping silently to myself that snob Todd wouldn't be there I locked up my bike and walked up to the doors. Noone. Well at least Todd wasn't there even though I was positive he was with Ecko. My chest burned with rage. I was so jealous, and I hated it. I knew she could never like me back. Todd seemed to treat her right and she deserved him. I curled my hands into fists, and waited until I was calm again. I couldn't handle this. When Ecko came back I was going to, I HAD TO, tell her how I feel. Todd or no Todd.

 Two hours later the caretakers were running around town with flashlights. They had already called the police and told everyone to stay inside. Ecko was gone. My eyes pricked with tears. I knew Todd had something to do with this but I had no proof. I tried sneaking out earlier to look for her but they caught me and locked the door to the dorm and all the windows. Curfew had passed an hour ago and she had dissapeared without a trace. All they had found was the bloodied dead body of hunter and his unconcious friends. When they had woken them up they were going on about vampires and flying men that had kidnapped ecko. They were currently in the hospital being tested for brain damage.

   I layed down exhausted and defeated on my cot. When I heard whispering noises. Not like highschool rumor whispering. More like horror movie I'm about to fucking die whispers. I grabbed my hockey stick and crept around te room looking for the origin of the creepy whispers. All the boys were outside being  questioned by the police so I was all alone. I quickly flung myself over the edge of the bed so I was upside down but to my relief noone was there. besides an envelope. I frowned and grabbed it. The front read in cursive to Darren Manhear. I opened it and found a smal letter with a tiny book attached. I read the letter.

__________________________________________________________________________________

:O DUN DUNN DUNNNNNN so mysterious letter huh? tell me wat u think in teh comments and i will hopefully post again this week :) VOTE COMMENT FAN!