Looking for advice

The filming of Love By Chance series started a couple of days ago and everything has been going smoothly so far. All actors going along very well, because they already managed to get to know each other more during acting classes and rehearsals. Everyone was excited, because they felt the series is going to be a big thing. The budget was nice and the script well written. It was not an ordinary BL story. The plot contained many topics that were approached differently than other series did. Openly gay character, bullying or coming out. It made the show special, because it was going to be not only a good entertainment, but also a story that kids could relate to, characters they could identify with and maybe even learn from.
From the first day Perth had a feeling that portraying Ae was not only a challenge, but also a great responsibility. He didn't want to screw this up and it made him a bit nervous. Especially the forthcoming kissing scene was something he really felt insecure about. Perth decided that it was time to ask for advice, but he didn't know whom to ask. It would be the best if someone who did that kind of scene before could help him. The first person that came to his mind was Cooheart. That should be the best person to ask for help, since he has a boyfriend for almost three years now. He must have kissed a boy many times before, right? So, he waited to the end of the work on set and approached him when he was leaving the building and they could be alone.
- P'Heart, please, can I have a moment?
- N'Perth, - he turned to him slowing down and smiling sweetly - of course. What is it?
- I wanted to ask about something and maybe you could give me some advice if it's all right with you. - he was actually more anxious that he thought he would be.
- Did something bad happen? You look so concerned.
- Ah, no! Nothing happened. - he smiled shyly and scratched the back of his head nervously. - It's just, I'm really worried about some scenes I'm about to shoot soon, so I was hoping for some advice from you P'.
- Oooh, I see. - Cooheart smiled knowingly - So, you want advice on kissing a boy, right? - he grinned.
- Ee, um. Yes. Sorry for assuming... But I really don't know what to do or who to ask.
- It's okay, I really don't mind you asking. If anything, I feel happy that you trusted me enough to do it. - Cooheart was a super kind and chill person and Perth immediately felt more at ease.
- Thank you P'. - the younger boy beamed at him.
- Okay, my friend, we should find a nice place where we can talk uninterrupted and I'll try my best to answer your every question. How does that sound?
- P'Heart, you're the best!
- Stop it, it's really nothing. I'm glad if I'll be able to help even a little.
- But, it doesn't have to be now. I mean weren't you going home already?
- Ah, no. Actually today is perfect, cause my boyfriend was going to pick me up, but he is running late and I would have to wait for him anyway, so I'm just gonna call him to say not to hurry.
***
They stopped at a cafe near a park and sat at a table outside, because there was no one there so they could talk freely. On the way there Perth realised that he will possibly have a chance to meet Cooheart's boyfriend today. He heard him talking on the phone and they agreed to meet at the cafe. He was suddenly really curious about the guy that has stolen the heart of a sweet and reliable person like P'Heart.

- All right, you can ask me anything so don't be shy, but I would like to ask you some things too, okay? - they were sitting at the table waiting for the drinks they ordered.
- Okay. - Perth was still a bit anxious - what would you like to know?
- First of all, I assume you haven't kissed any boy before, right? What about kissing in general? Any experience?
- Well, not really...
- Don't be embarrassed about it. - the older boy smiled kindly - You're only seventeen. I haven't kissed anyone at that age too. It might be intimidating to do it for the first time and in front of the camera.
- I know, that's why I'm worried if I can make it work.
- Well, it wouldn't be a bad idea to practice first, but that might be difficult too. - he stopped to think for a minute.
- I thought so as well, but it's not like I can go around like a creep asking people to practice kissing with me. - he laughed nervously.
- If I were single I would be happy to help with that, but... You understand... - Cooheart smiled apologetically.
- Oh, no, P'! I wasn't expecting you to. - Perth blushed for some reason. Did Cooheart mean that he would be okay with kissing him if the circumstances were different? And why was a mere thought of it making him blush?
- I know, I know. - the other boy giggled - But, didn't you think of asking N'Saint to do it? You're going to kiss eventually.
- I thought about it, but he is older I bet he did kiss many times before and I'm afraid he might laugh at me. He likes to tease me about everything. - he pouted.
- I see. Well, what can I say? In spite of your sexual orientation it's a normal thing to be nervous about first kiss. If you're straight it may be weird to kiss a boy, and if you're not, it may make you nervous for different reasons as well.
- What reasons do you mean? - Perth was kind of scared now.
- I mean, if kissing a boy would make you excited too much it may be a bit problematic after kissing for many takes. - the younger boy's eyes opened widely in sudden realisation; "too excited" could mean only one thing and "many takes" would mean that they are going to make him kiss with Saint many times too - Or it could make you so nervous you won't be able to make it right at all.
- I really may screw this up. - he sighed defeated.
- Don't be so frightened. - Cooheart was trying to cheer him up - You're a talented actor. You can definitely make it, but my point is, even a bit of practice could be helpful.
- I think you're right.
- So, maybe try talking to Saint about it? You're both in this together after all. I bet he will understand and he's probably anxious too, even if it's not his first kiss.
- I hope he is, even a little. It would make me feel less anxious somehow.
- My last suggestion would be talking about this with P'New, he is the director and he can explain in great detail just anything about the script and how he wants the scene to be. So, maybe consider his help too?
- O-okay. Maybe I'll go to him first.
- Do it. P'New is super nice and understanding and he definitely knows a lot about kissing boys. - Cooheart encouraged. Perth kind of wanted to ask if P'New is supposed to know a lot about kissing boys, because of directing or something else, but he decided against being nosy and just nodded his head.
- Is it difficult? I mean, kissing someone in a way to make it good? I mean, to make it look good? - he blushed again.
- Hmm... - Cooheart smiled dreamily - The best scenario is to kiss someone you fancy or someone you are in love with, but we are talking about acting here, so it's different. That's why it might help to imagine you're kissing someone you like, someone you want to kiss. It's also good to try and calm down, go slow and gentle. You know, lovingly. - Perth nodded silently and was hoping his blush wasn't visible as much as he could feel it. Someone he liked and wanted to kiss. Perth laughed in his mind. Maybe he won't fuck it up after all.
- P'Heart, is it okay to ask a personal question? It's not really connected to acting though. - Perth started coyly, but he wanted to know, he wanted to ask someone who have been through something he was wondering about recently.
- Let me guess, - Cooheart smirked - you want to ask how did I know I was gay? - the younger boy blushed again and started to apologise for being too nosy, but Cooheart was really all right with sharing his experiences if it could help his Nong figure out some stuff that was bothering him.
- Actually the thing I'm curious about is how did you know... I mean, the boy you like, how did you know if he would be okay with you liking him?
- Hmm. - Cooheart was a bit surprised. That was a specific question and it seemed like having homosexual feelings wasn't that problematic for kids these days, but how to go about it maybe was. - I think it's always good to just ask. Not necessarily straightforward, but when the time is good ask about his experiences in general. Like if he's had any female or male crushes. Something like that. If you're friends with this person it's just normal to be curious about things like that. It doesn't have to mean anything. Just friends getting to know each other better, right?
- Yeah. - Perth agreed.
- And if you would like to take your relationship to the next level you can always just confess, but it's not always easy to do, or you can try to flirt a little. You know, small steps. You can observe how he reacts to it. The more time you spend the more occasions to get closer. If, he reacts badly you can always turn it into a joke to avoid your friendship turning awkward.
- That would be the the worst.
- Don't worry too much. Generally it's better to try than regretting not trying later. I remember that I used to hint at myself being gay when talking to my crush. If he knows there's a possibility then he should be more likely to flirt back if he is interested.
- You're right. I've never thought about it like that before.
- Just do whatever feels right.
- Thank you P'.
- You're welcome, if anything I said might help. - Cooheart smiled sweetly. Perth was really happy he decided to talk to him. He also thought he would like to stay friends with P'Heart even after the filming ends.
- Thank you for being such a good P' to me. I'm glad we met.
- Ooh! You're so cute! I'm glad we got to know each other too. I hope we all stay friends after all this. - Cooheart ruffled Perth's hair.
- My thoughts precisely. - he answered wrinkling his nose and grinning.
- What is happening here? - they heard someone speak - I knew I shouldn't have left you waiting for too long. You already managed to be chatted up by some pretty boy here. - Perth thought for a second that the guy was serious, but when they both giggled with Cooheart he released the breath he was holding.
- Shut up. - Cooheart laughed reaching for the guy's hand and pulling him to sit down next to himself. The taller guy did and kissed his cheek. They both looked at each other grinning. - If you'll be annoying I may seriously exchange you for this cutie.
- Don't agree - he said to Perth - he is awful, he just looks like an angel. - Cooheart swatted his boyfriend on the arm and rolled his eyes.
- This dork is Jay. - Cooheart introduced. - And this is my Nong from work, Perth. Please, behave. - he warned his boyfriend, but it was obvious he was doing it humorously.
- Hello, it's really nice to meet you. - Perth said timidly. He was in awe how good they seemed to get along and they weren't hesitant to kiss in public. That was so awesome that he probably was a little jealous.
They stayed longer and chatted some more. Jay turned out to be a great guy and they all agreed to meet some time to hang out. Cooheart even suggested they should go on a double date and Perth blushed, because he was almost sure his P' knew that he has a crush on a certain actor he is working with. Jay said him not to tease his Nong, but Cooheart just winked at Perth and wished him good luck.