Chapter 2: Catacombs of Souls

The shadowy figure said nothing as it pointed at us. We slowly crept towards the hooded man in suspicion, our eyes closely fixated and our guards up.

"What the hell is that...?" Tom whimpered, gripping my shoulders. He yelped as Hades soared to the wraith's side and made himself visible. "Azrael, what are you doing here?!"

He laughed and took Azrael's skeletal hand, promptly shaking it. "What?" I tilted my head in confusion as Tom continued to hide behind my back.

"Oh. Right." He sighed and floated to the side. "This is Azrael, a demon of death and collection. His job is to collect the souls of those who have sinned when he's summoned."

He grinned. "And he's part of my crew!" I sighed. "We must have summoned him with that box under the bed." The boy rolled his eyes in response. "Yeah, no shit, idiot. I told you it was a bad idea!"

"No you didn't!" I yelled. "You were completely silent during that fiasco! And it's not like I could tell him that!" We exchanged a scowl. "You didn't need a damn necromancer's box to get Thomas in the sheets. You had a bottle of vodka in your hand."

"Oh my god..." I pinched the bridge of my nose in annoyance as he continued. "You could have just downed the bottle, scissored yourself, and got to work, but noooo, you had to summon my friend on his day off!"

"I told you I'm not doing that shit!" I crossed my arms. "I refuse to whore myself. Especially so you won't get in trouble with your stupid boss!"

"You bite your tongue!" He yelled as his eye twitched. "Hold on!" Tom interrupted. "What in the actual hell is going on?!"

Hades sighed. "The idiot's an incubus that's supposed to be screwing you right now, I'm a wrath demon that was forced to be his coworker, and this guy reaped all your friends' souls. All good? Good, now shut up."

"But-" Tom started, only to be cut off with a repeated "Shut up!" from Hades. "Now..." He rubbed his temple. "There's only one way to get your idiot friends back."

We both nodded. "And what the hell is it?" Hades grabbed Azrael's scythe and cut into the wall, opening a portal. "I've gotta go the catacombs of souls and fish them out of the river."

"Great." I started walking. "Let's get moving or we'll all be in deep shit." Hades halted me. "Not so fast, shitface. You and lover boy are going to do what you're supposed to while I clean up Azrael's mess."

"That's bullshit!" I yelled angrily as the red child flagged Azrael to come with him, escaping into the portal and closing it. I kicked the wall and grumbled once they were gone.

Tom cleared his throat. "So, um..." He started in an attempted to break the ice. "You're an incubus?"

I nodded. "Half, apparently. Found out just before I left for this party after Captain Jackass decided to show up in my room."

"Ah." He said in understanding. "So, he tried to make you..." I cut him off. "Don't say it! For the love of God, don't say it. And... yes. But no way am I going through with it."

He snaked his hand on top of mine and gripped it, staring directly into my eyes. "Well... What if I wanted to?" He asked as a deep shade of red took over my face.

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT.

"I, um- I- You- Ee- Wu-" I fumbled out, words surprisingly not falling out of my mouth correctly as Tom swiped his chance to plant a peck on my lips.

"N-no..." I stammered, quickly regaining myself. "Or, later! If you want to, that is. But not because of Hades!"

He chuckled and silenced me with another quick kiss. "Alright. I honestly would have preferred it like that anyways. Just didn't want to get you in trouble."