Chapter 2

C O F F E E    S H O P

Sam's POV

After I sleep to get over my jet lag and get settled in to my house, I pull out my phone and text Ashton. I feel it's best if he helps me get used to everything, maybe show me around a bit. He seems kind enough to do that kind of thing.

Not long after I text him, he responds. He says he can come over,show me around, and even help me get a car. I texted back that he can come over any time, and I also sent my address. Then, I got up and out of bed. Once I was in the bathroom, my bathroom, I brushed my teeth and hair. Next I applied some decent makeup and picked out an outfit. Finally, I got dressed.

As if he knew, not even 5 minutes after I finished getting ready, there was a ring at my door that could only be Ashton. I walked downstairs and through the house to the front door. Ashton greeted me with a very wide smile.

"Hello," He said happily, his hands in his pockets. For some reason he seemed different than on the plane, but I liked the new Ashton. He was brighter and more cheeful.

"Hi! Thanks for coming, Ashton." I said gratefully. He greeted me with a hug, which kind of caught me off guard but I hugged him back as soon as I realized. He smelled like cologne and fresh-waterfall scented shampoo.

"No problem. Can I have a tour?" He shuts the door behind him and politely slips off his shoes and puts them beside mine.

"Of course you can." I pause and look around. "This is, well, the entrance."

Ashton chuckles, "Wow," he says sarcastically. I roll my eyes playfully and take him into the living room.

"This is the living room. I still need to decorate it but I have a couch, table, and tv so that's enough for now." He nods as we walk through into the kitchen. "This is the kitchen, not stocked up yet, which is something you have to show me." I teased, looking around my own house, still having to get used to it myself.

"This is way better than my own home." He said in astonishment, gaping at everything he saw.

"I was fairly wealthy back in New York." I shrugged, leaning against the counter. Ashton sits on the counter across from where I'm leaning.

"Oh. I only really had one parent the first couple years of my life so we struggled a lot. My dad left my mom before I was born. She had me and had financial problems for awhile till she met my step dad. Now I have a step brother and sister." He explained.

"I'm sorry, Ash." At first I didn't mean to call him Ash, but it had kind of a ring to it so I didn't correct myself.

"It's okay. Let's go." He motioned for me to keep showing him around.

I took him through the house, which didn't take much longer. He did get a bit distracted in my room because that was the only room I thoroghly decorated last night before I slept. I had hung up and set all my shit up from how it was in my apartment, so it looked like I'd been living there for awhile already.

* * *

After I took Ashton through my house, he drove me to the grocery store. I roamed the aisles and barely saw any brands I was familiar with. It sucked because all Ash could do was suggest things for me to get, he couldn't tell me the Australian-American equivalents.