Saving Elliot-One shot

Theres one things without a doubt I can a  certain about Elliot Fintry.

Firstly,he is the most infuriating,exasperating and irritating person I have ever been unfortunate to live with.

Yet despite all that i still managed to fall helplessly in love with the american dick head.

It was unpredictably damp and wet for early August. I was looking after my niece  Madeline.

Mac and Arthur where in the kitchen attempting to make my cake considering they managed to drop the three storebought ones already.

I was really pissed cause the last one was made by my nan and it was a freaking red velvet.It took everything in me not to knock their front teeth out of their mouths.Besides im trying to be more grown up in situations like this.

"Seriously El? your using a seven year old as your goalie?" questioned O'connor .

"Thats because shes so talented"I grinned as I tousled her ruby mop of hair.

"I dont think Corrine will be to pleased about that, shes covered in mud" argued O'Connor.

"Cheer up will you she's a prodigy  I think Corrine will be pretty pleased about that"

"Aunt El is teaching me how to do the rainbow trick" beamed Maddie dribbling the football between her legs,

"For crying out loud Elliot" look at the state of you two yelled my mum examining Maddie and I

I stared at my muddy trackies covered in dirt and grass

Madeline dear go change your clothes and get ready for Elliots party

Maddie didnt dare argue.

"mum how many times have I stressed that I do not want a party"  I groaned

"Seriously Elliot your friends and family just want to celebrate
your accomplishments of finishing Med school. So show some gratitude and stop whining like a child"

Just then Fin and Tamara walked in.

"Christopher Finley!" screamed Arthur "for goodness sake where have you been?"

We need urgent help in the kitchen.Elliot said you're a good cook is that right?" continued Mac

"I guess" replied Finley running a hand through his hair "just lead me to the kitchen"

"Oh my goodness what on earth did you do to your hair?" yelped Tamara

"Well I cut it" I said attempting to run my hand through my hair but failed terribly cause my nails got stuck in the frizzy curls.

"I see that but why?" asked Tamara

"I wanted to change it up a bit"I replied

Suddenly,Harry walked in.

"I see your still styling out your hobo get up" I commented.

He almost choked on his water.

"Hobo?" he scoffed "I beg to differ.

*            *                *              *

Later on,Nick arrived.He apoligised on behalf of Charlotte explaining she couldnt make it.Secondly,Carlisle arrived embracing me in a warm hug.

It was getting late and almost all the Jensen family where reunited.

My hair was short and straightened into a neat bob.I wore a midnight blue dress that Corrine had specially bought for me I wore it and reassured her of how pleased I was even though dresses were not really my things.Then I wore my comfortable old converses.

Everyone was exchanging jokes and reminiscing about old times.

When I caught something or someone sneaking away.

"The legandary Arthur and Mac Jensen will like to introduce the cake we both baked"The twins announced in unison.

"With my help ofcourse" interjected Finley with annoyance

"Thats not inportant right now" hollered Mac.

"Anyway,we introduce to you.Elliot Jensens cake.Our sweat blood and tears went into the production of this."

They brought in a giant football cake with the English flag draped around it in red and white icing.

It had the words congratulations El in bold written accross it.

"We ran out of icing to write your full name but I hope you appreciate it either way said Arthur raising a glass"

"You bastards!"  I said grinning "I love it" I beamed pulling them into a hug.

They both raised their hands up in the air and stimutaneously high fived eachother.

As it got darker and began to drizzle dad advised that the party should be moved inside the house.I couldnt help but feel like there was somebody watching me.

****

I walked in front of my house and a familiar figure walked from across the pavement.I could only see his back

Elliot?He had the same stance that Elliot usually portrayed. The same midnight black hair and height.

"Elliot!" I shouted

I must have looked strange standing in the middle of ther road at this time but seriously I didnt care.I just wanted to know If it was the same Elliot Fintry.

I yelled his name for about four times untill the man turned around slowly.His hands where tucked securely in his pockets and my heart did a backflip.

It was Elliot Fintry.The american boy who came to England stole my heart and returned back to his home.I hadnt seen him in six years but I would known it was him from anywhere.

"What are you doing here?" I gasped.My legs were shaking and I was out of breath.

An unlit cigarette was hanging by his lips.He was so serene so calm and self composed not one emotion displayed on his face.

"Well,I told you Id come back" his voice was deeper.

"I didnt expect you to come back" I said.

His eyebrows knitted together.

"You cut your hair?" he asked.

Yes.

"You straightened it?"

yes.

"I liked it when it was long and curly"

"I wanted to change it"

"And so you have"He replied.His mouth threatened to smile for a second.

His phone began to vibrate in his coat pocket.

"I better get going,hey come with theres lots of cake"I began

"No,I dont think the Jensen family will approve of my unexpected visit".He said kicking a small stone by his feet.

"He reached down and kissed my cheek.

"It was nice seeing you Munchkin"he said  turning around and began to walk away.

I didnt know wether to run after him.Even if i wanted to my feet where currently rooted to the pavement.I didnt trust my knees at that point.So i just watched as my vision blurred and Elliot fintry morphed into a blurry pastel colour.

*****************