EPILOGUE

awsten had been in a coma for about a year when patty stopped visiting. another 2 months later, patty had started dating ben. sam had told awsten about that, once he found out.

awsten wanted to die then more than ever then. he thought patty was the love of his life. he didn't even fully grasp what was happening and patty had left him? for ben, no less!

he just wanted to wake up and smack patty. over the next few months, because awsten would be in the coma for a little over 2 years, he'd started hearing sam more, understanding him, and falling for him.

as his coma was breaking, so was his memory. he didn't remember patty. he thought sam was his boyfriend. he knew about the people who'd visited him but that was it. he didn't even know he was trans, he couldn't feel anything.

it wasn't until about a month before he woke up, he'd completely forgotten about anything before his coma. he didn't remember how he'd even gotten into the coma.

he woke up, in the middle of the night, and sams hand was in his. he held it tightly and sam jolted awake. awsten was looking at him with a smile. "oh my god. oh my god!" he said, hugging him.

"i gotta get a nurse, fuck, hold on." sam said. he kissed the top of awstens head, something awsten realized he did a lot, before running out of the room.

awsten had a dorky smile on his face, when sam walked in with a nurse. the nurse checked him over and told him he'd have to stay a few days to make sure he was okay. they thought that awsten wasn't going to make it much longer, let alone wake up.

he nodded and she left. awsten motioned for sam to come to him. when he did, awsten pulled him in to kiss him. sam stumbled back, confused. "what are you doing?" he asked.

"aren't we together?" awsten asked, frowning. "n-y-sure." sam said and kissed him. he felt shitty for lying but he'd been waiting like, half his life to be able to kiss awsten, he wasn't going to pass it up now.

sam pulled away, smiling at him. "i missed that smile. i missed you." he said. "aww." awsten smiled at him, blushing. "so, we have to wait for visiting hours for anyone to come see you. you can go to sleep or whatever." sam said.

awsten nodded. "cuddle?" "obviously."