Chapter 39: Still Friends?

Jimin takes a big sigh as I sit next to him as we stare at the far horizon in our sites. 

"I didn't mean to hurt you, yunno. If I knew back then - " He looks towards me and smiles faintly. 

"It wouldn't have mattered. I didn't ask you first and quite frankly Taehyung suits you." He looks back at the background "In another time, I would have been with you, but I'm glad you're with him, I've never seen him as a better person before. I just have to let you go." 

I glance at Jimin sympathetically and lean on his shoulder. 

"Well...from one friend to another, you are exactly what people need. A considerate heart that is resilient to keeping peace." I pause taking a deep breath "And truth is...I chose you as my best friend alongside Ally. You help me in ways that the others can't, I find you comforting." 

"Y-You do?" He picks my head and peers at my direction.

I nod in affirmation. 

"You remind me of me, you pretend that everything is fine when its not." He bores into my eyes "Please don't pretend that everything is okay. We can be here for each other, and that other crazy lot." 

Jimin chuckles and nods in agreement. 

"We have a destructive god, a cold but caring Suga, a motherly Jin, a bright but serious J-Hope, and a sensitive hearted Jungkook, and an outspoken Taehyung." He remarks as he reminisces happily. 

"And we have a flirtacious player that has a heart of gold." I stand up and offer my hand to him "Still best friends?" 

He ponders for a few seconds and then grasps the hand obtaining his balance with his feet on th ground. 

"Sure. Let's go get lunch. You haven't eaten enough." I comment cheekily as we walk down the stairs. 

"Hey! I have to maintain this hard abs! Want to see?" He raises his eyebrows as I defend myself. 

"No thank you. I have my own thank you very much." He places his shoulders on his hips and eyes me suspiciously. 

"Can I see?" I shake my head and hit his head "Nope. I'm hungry, let's go!" 

We link arms and return towards the cafeteria. 

"You brought Jimin back?" Rap Monster inquires. 

"Yup. He can't be alone, not anymore." I sit next to Taehyung and offer him a seat next to me. 

I see Taehyung grumble slightly. 

"What's wrong?" I redirect my attention to Taehyung. 

"He's here." I hit his back and scowl at him. 

"I chose you, but he is my best friend. And most of all he is your brother, isn't he?" He nods hesitantly. 

"Yes. He is." He stares at Jimin and returns to bore into my eyes "Thank you for bringing him."

I smile sincerely and rub his back where I hit him. 

"Forgive and forget. And move forward." I stand up and line up to get my lunch "I'm getting food. Talk to each other."

I look back and see the awkward glances that they exchange each other. The queue was shorter compared to the beginning of lunch. I observe the two from afar and smile brightly as I see them wrestling one another jokingly. 

"Back to normal, are they?" Ally questions me as she grabs me shoulder. 

"Yeah. They are brothers. I envy them for that, but I have you, so I have nothing to worry about." She grimaces brightly accepting the compliment.