RAINY SUNDAY spg

It is a sultry sunday. The sky overhead is cloudless, the ground shimmering in the heat, the air is heavy, the sun high overhead brilliant.

Karylle spent the morning unpacking her things, and fixing it and have spent the afternoon weeding, tending their little garden, the scent of the flowers & herbs, the soil in her hands all heady to her.

That done she pull the lawn mower out of the shed & unfurl the cord. She was almost done when Vice get back from the errands he have been running, and K wave as she see Vice standing in the gate, watching her.

K stopped the mower as she near him & pull Vice in for a kiss, it has only been an hour or two, but she have missed him.

"Kurba pawis na pawis kana, akyat na tayo at magbihis" Vice murmur in K's ear.

but as K glance up at the sky she can see thunderclouds gathering, binalik ang atensyon sa ginagawa nya

"makulimlim kurba pasok na baka abutan ka ng ulan dyan" Vice demanded habang naglalakad papasok ng bahay

"its alright vice ngayon lang ako ulit nag gardening tsaka Monday na bukas back to work na" so K decided She had best finish mowing first.

"masyado mong pinapagod sarili mo Kurba, ako nalang pagurin mo" Vice tease her about liking the vibration of the mower in her hands as Karylle turn back to her task, and K turn and give Vice a maybe, maybe not wink & grin.

"ohhhkay...nasa loob lang ako kurba if ever mag bago isip mo" then he winked at K

"si jose pala asan? Di ba magkasama kayong umalis?" K asked

"as usual kasama si Kaylly buti narin yun para solo kita mamaya" he said smirking then Vice entered the house

Napailing iling lang si K habang ngumingiti sa kakulitan ni Vice

K was just finishing the lawn when the first fat raindrops land on her bare neck & shoulders,

"sht umambon na"

by the time she have everything gathered & put away she was already wet, her white tank & denim shorts spotted with rain.

The thunder rolls in over the horizon, a sound she can feel in her very core, followed by a sharp crack of lightening as the sky grows darker.

As K turn to head back to the house she can see Vice standing, waiting for her, a tall glass of fresh iced tea in hand.

"told you uulan, pasok na at maligo sa banyo para di ka magkasakit." sigaw ni Vice

parang wala namang narinig si K and took one more step toward Vice, one more crash of thunder & the clouds open over Karylle's, and in seconds she was drenched, soaked through.

The cool rain feels good on her hot skin, and She know Vice is watching her as Karylle turn her face up to the clouds, raking her fingers through her tangled hair.

Karylle look back at Vice & see him smiling at her,

"tara mahal! Ligo tayo sa ulan!" K beckon Vice to join her.

Glancing up at the angry sky Vice shake his head, "ayoko kurba, I don't like playing in the rain"

so Karylle come to Vice, take the glass from his hand, drink thirstily, set it aside & hug him close,