(:)

automatics in the trunk

「automatics in the trunk」

ㄒㄧㄒ

Friends can be your downfall, or they can be your uprising. Taeyong thought as he sat in the Japanese restaurant, eyes scanning every single person and every single detail of them. He licked his lips, tasting the traces of his sweet tea Yuta made him. A week later and he was back home, settled back into a new flat off of west side housing district. He liked it a lot, clean and simple with fast WiFi and underground high tech wiring. Perfect.

"Yah." He looked up at Jeno. The voice almost scared him. Jeno looked older, a wide smile on his lips and matching white hair. Taeyong responded with amazement, standing up and wrapping the youngster in a hug. "Hyung, where have you been?!" Jeno's muffled voice sounded from Taeyong's chest.

"Ah, sit, sit. I've been in Jeju, asshole made me come back." Taeyong said light heartedly.

Jeno was young, like Mark but young young and more quiet with a sweet presence. Taeyong liked how shy he was, always looking up to him for answers. Taeyong stressed several times that he was no role model, Jeno laughing at him and agreeing. "You are the worst one to have, Hyung." Taeyong playfully looked hurt.

He met Jeno through Yuta, Jeno was Yuta's busboy in the restaurant. The kid had no clue what Yuta and Taeyong did at night.

"I made you food when I heard Yuta brought you back, my cat zayi also got you food but not human food. She got a rat, she's quiet gross." Another thing Taeyong loved. Innocence. Jeno has two cats, Zayi and Naoei. One was all gray and lean, the other black with a white streak running from the top of its head and down its neck. Taeyong said he should've named him after the air bender.

"Jeno, i will love whatever food you give me." Taeyong is picky, he might force feed himself just for the kid. They were interrupted by a chinese tongue, asking where Taeyong was.

Jeno's face lit up as WinWin and Ten came into the restaurant, Ten sat in next to taeyong and WinWin happily sat next to Jeno at the big round table.

"The asshole is back." Ten looked at Taeyong with a smile, leaning his head on one hand and looked up at him. "I'm flattered your trying to woo me." Taeyong said with a plain face. It was around four, all of his old friends were getting off their jobs and coming to Yuta and Johnny's restaurant to drink and pick up women and/or men.

The men part was all ten. He was picking up Johnny. Trying to. After three years. Still.

After everyone telling Taeyong how it's been since he left, Jeno went back to work but gave Taeyong a hug first. If Ten didn't know any better he'd say Jeno had a little crush, but he knew it was just hero worship.

Finally Kun, Doyoung, Jaehyun and Taeil came in the restraunt. They came in and sat down at the big table, all greeting Taeyong with genuine smiles. Taeyong noticed everyone had finally gotten the tattoo of their group on their neck. The three letters were quiet a scary responsibility.

"Ah, the Demon never rests." Taeil chuckled. Doyoung smiled, looking at Jeno. "Let us have a few seconds alone, Jeno-ah." Jeno stood up and smiled, bowing as Johnny came up behind him covered in sweat and grease. "Yah, Jeno, grab drinks and ill give you 15 won." Johnny winked to the younger. Jeno nodded happily and went off.

"Taeyong, I hear you still shoot perfectly." Johnny brushed his black bangs from his eyes, sitting in next to Jaehyun and Ten. Taeyong shrugged.

"Yah, taeyong you ready for the next heist?" Kun said. Taeyong looked at him in surprise.

"Ani, Yuta said come home. Not work." He spoke, the devil himself appeared behind Johnny.

"Exactly, Taeyong is sitting this one out." Johnny almost fell out of his chair at Yuta's voice, coughing and trying to agree with a steady voice.

Taeyong played with the zipper on his hoodie, every one started to ask why, how long, what for, when can they have him back. Taeyong felt no more than an 85 semi automatic set on a table in front of several marines. Just waiting to be used for a killing. Yet in this instance he had a mind, he was not an inanimate object, he would like to be rewarded after killings or have a say in certain things.

Taeyong huffed, eyes glittering when he noticed everyone was starting to stand up. Meeting dismissed.

"Taeyong-ah." Taeil called him, the younger looked up with wide eyes. "Ne?" Voice curious as Taeil gave a soft smile and leaned towards him.

"Shinakaso cafe, they have the best coffee and... a great view." Taeil whispered. "Go there tonight, you'd like it." Taeyong looked at him confused, watching him pull away and walk off. Jeno appeared right back next to him.

"Hyung finish your water, you must stay hydrated." Taeyong just nodded, grabbing the cold glass and taking a swig.

Cafe? Why would taeyong go there?

Jeno started to talk, taeyong absentmindedly nodded to what ever the fuck the kid said, racking his brain. "But I might get a new job at the-" "heist! Its a view of the heist!" "-Hyung no im getting a job at Ummi's"

——