Renewal

Prince's Point Of View

The dark-brown liquid burns my esophagus as it trickles it's way down to my stomach. I pinch my nose all while I fling my head to the side, to rid myself of the intense burning that has traveled it's way to my nose.

Bodies fly around the room in a chaotic rush, as I sit on the stool facing the fogged mirror. "Does someone have windex?" I speak out, to no response. I peer over my shoulder in curiosity, to find my management, body guards, makeup artists and my band all sharing panicked expressions.

I furrow my eyebrows and extend my leg to push the stool, to face them. "What the fuck is going on?" I question the crowd of people in my small quarters of a dressing room.

Their eyes advert to mine, and their mouths open simultaneously. "We have no guitarists", "we don't have enough security detail, Eric and his people are a large threat at a big event like this", "reporters will be here", "how are we going to play this song with out the full band?" The chatter dies down after I chuckle manically, and it becomes dead silent when I suck my lips inward and chortle as I past them all.

"Get your heads out of your assholes people! Let's get on with it, before you all worry yourselves till you flatline," I adjust my head to face my manager, Norman. "I'm just wondering why you say there is no guitarists, when you know good and well that I am one, have you just magically forgotten this?" I tilt my head and tap my foot in anticipation, his lip he begins to bite, and I flash a grin. I hit his shoulder with a swat of my wrist. "I said loosen up!"

I lead everyone out towards the steps to the stage, and the banter continues, causing my eyes to roll in frustration. "Do you really think it's a good idea to do Lady Cab Driver, we have no guitarist or keyboard player, Prince, this is serious!"

"Hand me the damn instruments then. I don't care." I begin to walk up the stairs as Norman pulls on my jacket.

"Don't include the sex part with that girl, okay, we have critics in the audience.. You have enough sexual innuendos in your performances you don't need an almost full on org-"

"For sure man," I put up my thumb with a grin completing my sarcastic expression, and I turn to my remaining band members. "Let's make them piss." They all grin at one another before following my lead.

I halt before getting to centre stage, I close my eyes and murmur under my breath. "This ones for you." And I hope she hears.

"Good Evening, this is your pilot, Prince, speaking" my voice comes out of the loudspeakers, all softness and breath, full of welcome. "It's a flight you may not have taken before. Brace yourself," I sway my hips as hold onto the microphone with care, glancing seductively at the crowd of screaming women beneath the stage. "You are flying aboard the Seduction 747," I rasp. "To activate the flow of excitement, extinguish all clothing materials."

Standing alone on the upper riser, I simply point a finger, and a brass bed materializes. Stripping off my jacket, my shirt, unbuckling my belt so that a long strap hangs between my legs, I climb onto the mattress and begin to undulate over the bed. "We are now making our final approach to satisfaction. Please bring your lips, your arms, your hips into the up and locked position for landing," I say, panting.

I let out a piercing scream that seems to announce the sudden fall from the sky of the flight of Seduction 747 – and the bed and I disappear from the crowds view.