07. midnight duel

     HARRY AND HARPER RAN towards the Great Hall to tell Ron

HARRY AND HARPER RAN towards the Great Hall to tell Ron. His reaction was how Harper had predicted; shocked.

"You're kidding me."

Harper grinned and exchanged a glance with Harry.  "No, we're not."

"Seeker and Chaser?" he stammered. "But first-years never—you two must be the youngest players in the—"

"Century, yes," Harry interrupted him. "According to McGonagall."

"We'll start next week," Harper added, beaming. "Don't tell anyone, Oliver doesn't want anyone to know."

Suddenly two pairs of hands landed on her shoulders.

"Well done, Harp," Fred Weasley grinned. She turned around to look at her the twins.

"Wood just told us," George added. "We're on the team, too—Beaters."

Harper's eyes lit up. She had forgotten about that.

"I tell you guys, we're going to win that Quidditch Cup for sure this year," Fred said.

"You bet we are," Harper replied, grinning.

George smiled down at her. "We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You two must be good. Wood was almost skipping when he told us."

"Anyway," Fred continued, "we better go, Lee Jordan reckons he found a new secret passageway out of school. See ya Harp!"

Both redheads stood up and left the Great Hall to Merlin knows where. Harper shook her head but smiled. They were always up to something.

The three of them talked about the great news until Malfoy decided to show up.

"Having a last meal, Potters? When are you getting the train back to your muggles?"

Harper narrowed her eyes and tried to suppress the urge to punch him in the face right here, right now. Harry, who had obviously noticed the change in her behavior (not that it was hard to spot in the first place), put his hand on her arm to calm her and said, "You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you."