01 | いち

february 20XXStarfield Coex Mall, Gangnam

february 20XX
Starfield Coex Mall, Gangnam.
11:34 PM

My eyes fluttered open.

"Thank God you're awake!" familiar faces welcomed me from my deep sleep.

"Jiwoo, what happened? where are we?" I felt my heart racing, I hurriedly rose my arm up and look at my heart beat tracker on my wrist. 123..124..

My eye color will lose its control.

I stood up immediately and punched my right eye gently on purpose, "ow! how clumsy of me" I used it as an excuse. I can feel that my eye color is currently purple, which I shouldn't let anyone see since they'll instantly conclude that I'm both an irregular and a regular, and that will result to my early death.

"Haejin! you made us worried!" Jiwoo, my bestfriend, bawled. "You were completely unconscious for like 30 minutes!"

"What did happen though?" I asked, my hand still covering my right eye, 40 more seconds and my eye color will go back to its regular state, red color.

"The limitless associates attacked the mall earlier at 9pm and one of them shot an injection on your back which made you unconscious, we decided to bring you here at the hidden portion of the mall so they wouldn't be able to attack you here, I requested the snipers and other assault to handle the limitless." Jaehyun, Pandora's team leader explained.

After the not-so-long 40 seconds, I checked my eye color on my phone before I fully removed my hand covering it, I should be careful with my actions or I'll really end up dead soon.

"Anyway we should head out of the mall as soon as possible. Irregulars will attack our base knowing that the attack team is currently out." Jaehyun called out, looking at every each member of pandora inside the mall, counting them by just looking.

"15 members all in all, head out first, snipers," he commanded, Jiwoo along with the other snipers left the mall and rode their own vehicle.

"next, assault team, head out." He made sure that everyone already left the mall before he went out.

Our trip back to our base was almost quiet, not until when Jaehyun spoke up. "Listen here," he coughed. "I am not very much satisfied with everyone's performance on the battle. Today, we have been beaten by the Limitless on doing the mission."

"We're sorry."

"No, all your apologies couldn't bring back our mistake, let's just work and train harder, we all know that the limitless and irregular members have alot of advantages compared to us, they have alot of skills compared to us regulars, so let's just work harder."

"Yes, we will."

february 20XX
PANDORA's Training Center, Girl's Dormitory.
12:01 AM

Not so soon, we have arrived to our base, I hurriedly ran to my dorm and sat infront of the mirror.

"You're such a trouble." I murmured as I stared my reflection which I can clearly see my current eye color, red and immediately turned to purple.

I stood up from my seat and grabbed the notebook my parents gave me back when I was a child, it contains almost all of the information about species like us.

I opened it and read it aloud as I sat on my bed. "In the 1920s, the government discovered humans with unique and special abilities and their eye color determines what their specialties are. Red eye color signifies that the specie's specialty is Assault. While the Orange eye color signifies specialty in Hacking. For the Green eye color, which is considered as the rare type of specie, it symbolizes specialty in Engineering." I stopped for a while and cleared my throat.

"For Blue eye colors, Medic issues are what they're great at, Lastly, the eye color Yellow signifies that a certain specie is fitted to be a Sniper." After I read the profiles of each color, I lied on my bed to ease the pain of my back and whole body.

My phone that's lying beside me suddenly rang, "Really? at this hour?"

I picked it up and looked at the caller ID just to see who called and it turned out to be mom. "Hello?"

[ "Haejin, dear?" ]

"Yes mom, hello?"

[ " I heard the news about the issue on Starfield Coex Mall today, you've been involved with the mission today, aren't you?" ]

"Yes.."

[ "Ah, you're still doing good as an assault then, you've been consistent being at the Top 10 of Assault team, how's Jiwoo?" ]

"Still on the top 10 of snipers team, she's doing really great. How are you there mom?"

[ "A-Ah, i-i'm doing fine, dear. Just remember that we always care for you, take care of yourself very well, Haejin-ah. Don't let anyone know about your secret, we want you to live well, u-unlike us." ]

"what's with the drama, mom? Why do you sound like you're leaving though?"

[ "Hey! time's up!" ]

[ "I love you, Haejin-ah. Take care." ]

"Mom?"

[ gunshots. ]

irregular.