49 >> Real News <<

KENZIE POV

What am I doing? I mean everyone is being so nice even Johnny, especially Johnny, but they don't know. Maybe it's better if I don't tell them. Maybe that will make it easier. But who will it make it easier for? Me. I need to stop thinking about myself and just tell them. Otherwise they'll feel like I've abandoned them and I don't want them to feel that because they don't deserve to feel like that. So who do I tell first? I can't tell Hayden, he'll be too hurt because we've known each other for so long. Same with Annie. Johnny is out of the question. Carson will tell Hayden. That just leaves...

"Hey! Okay, so I know that you've been dealing with a lot and I gave you space but seriously Kenz, this is me you're talking to and anyone can see that you like each other, so tell me what's going on." I sit down and put the pillow over my face, screaming into it with all that I have. Lauren will tell Johnny, he's her brother. why did I think I could tell her. If I tell her then she'll be really upset at least I'd think she would be and then Johnny and Hayden will both ask why she's so upset and then everyone will know. I can't tell her either.

"Kenzie? Did you hear what I said? Hayden asked me to prom yesterday! Yeah, he had white lilies which are my favourite and my favourite song playing and he was dressed in a tux and and- It was perfect! I'm so excited that I've started looking at dresses, I mean prom is only a few weeks away!" She seems so happy, I can't tell her that I'm leaving because I don't want to make her unhappy. Maybe if I just leave it will hurt less. "Anyway, Carson has found a party for us tonight, are you coming?"

"No, I'm just going to stay home, I don't feel very well." The last thing I need right now is to go to a party, especially since Johnny will be there as well. Lauren will be just fine going with Hayden and I know Hayden will look after her.

"Is this because of Johnny?" She asks going through her wardrobe, throwing clothes absolutely everywhere. "You turned him down Kenz, not the other way round and you're going to have to face him sooner or later, I mean it's not like you can avoid him forever." Little does she know. "Please come, for me. Please!" I roll my eyes at her as she was now kneeling on the ground in front of my begging for me to go, it was actually kinda funny. I sigh and nod my head smiling at how stupid she was making herself look just for me.

"What are you guys doing?" Hayden asks standing in the doorway next to Johnny.

"I just convinced Kenzie to go to the party with us so we're all going!" Lauren squels going back to her wardrobe. I look up and instantly look at his green eyes. He's smiling at me. How am I going to avoid him for the whole night? I'm so scared that if I talk to him the first thing that's going to come out of my mouth is 'I'm leaving'. I just won't talk to him.

JOHNNY POV

When Carson said that there was a party tonight, I don't think he realised that it was at Mackenzie's house. Or that it was also being hosted by her sister that she is currently not even talking to. Well done Carson.

"We could just go home?" I offer as we park the car near her house in the line of all the others that are here. She sighs and shakes her head.

"No, we came to have fun. Let's have fun." She smiles but it's pretty clear that she doesn't want to be here. Before I say that we'll go home because this isn't fair for her, everybody else is already out of the car and walking towards the house. Looks like we're going.

"Hey thanks for coming, it's a sad reason but a reason for a party none the less!" Nadia says not even a second after we close the door.

"What are you talking-"

"Hey let's go outside!" Mackenzie says, cutting Lauren off. Maybe that's why she's being off, because of something with her sister. Even though she says she doesn't care about Maddie, I'm sure that she does. Even if it's only a little bit, she does. We all walk outside and I catch up to Mackenzie, who looks really worried. The only time I've seen her like this before was- was when I asked her out. "I have to go." She says as I catch up to her. I knew she was avoiding me.

"Attention everybody. Hi, I'm Nadia Turner and I am hosting this party in honour of my best friend Maddie. Because, if you don't know, Maddie and the rest of her family will all be moving to LA! So, before she leaves, I thought we should throw her one last party because she's amazing!" Mackenzie's leaving.