Chp. 5 "Little Boys With Their Magic Bolo Ties" (Rewritten)

Reader's Pov:

It's an okay day. Birds be chirping, sun be shining, Stan conning tourists-

"Hey look! It's that commercial I was telling you guys about!"

...And I being forced to sit with my twin cousins and Soos as he shouts about something on the tv. Now back to the commercial...

" 'Are you completely miserable?'" A voice in the commercial asks, showing a scene of the sun peeping behind the mountains. Then it changed to a man, who was weeping into his hands while sitting on a bed.

" 'YYYeeesss!'" The man cried out.

" 'Then you need to meet-'"

" 'Gideon~'"

Replacing the image of the crying man was a silhouette of a person, most likely a male, with a question mark in the middle and the name underneath it.

"Gideon?" Dipper asks.

"What makes him so special?" Mabel asks.

" 'He's a psychic,'" the commercial answers.

Clearly Mabel didn't understand, and I just roll my eyes.

" 'So don't go waste your time with other, so called, 'man of mystery,' '" and right at the end was a slow mode video of Stan, who was trying to shake toilet paper off his foot. A second later, the word 'fraud' is placed on top of him.

They were right about that.

" 'Learn about tomorrow, tonight! At Gideon's tent of telepathy!'" And it ends with the credits.

"Wow! I'm getting all curiously inside!" Mabel exclaims, grinning.

"Well don't get too curiously!"

Standing at the door way was Stan, who did not look happy at all. Well, whenever is he happy? Except when it comes to money, of course.

"Ever since that monster Gideon rolled into town, I've had nothing but trouble!" Stan explains, hanging up his jacket.

"Well is he really psychic!?!" Mabel asks, jumping off the couch.

"I think we should go and find out," Dipper says, looking to both me and Soos.

"Never! Your forbidden from patronizing the competition. No one that lives under my roof is allowed under that Gideon's roof!" Stan says, shaking his fist.

"Do tents have roofs?" Dipper asks.

"I think we just found our loophole," Mabel smiles, holding up a string with a noose. "Literally."

"Have fun with that," I say as I leave them to their shenanigans, yet a hand grabs my shoulder and I'm pulled back into the room.

"(Y/n), you're going with them!" Stan orders me, having a stern face plastered on upon his wrinkles. My mouth drops in disbelief, not believing the words coming from his mouth.

"What the heck!?! I thought you didn't want any of us going to that 'Tent of Mystery'!" I blow at him, his face not changing one bit. The other three start to back away from us, knowing full well what would happen if they got in between Stan and me.

"Look, I want to make sure that Gideon doesn't have something to make me lose my business!"

"Dipper, Mabel, and Soos are already going! Surely they can tell you what's there!" I shout, motioning towards the three who were trying to sneak out through the kitchen. Stan face fell from stern to surprise, and glances towards them before shaking his and having his stern face face me again.