02 | lentilles de contact

It was a new day. Paris sighed as she sat up from her bed and looked at the sky outside her window for a while. She basically lost all motivation to go and leave her bed. She looked at her small bedside table a little thing caught her eyes. She squinted them and realized something. It's Mr. Hood's new glasses. Now she really had a reason to go to school. She didn't want the old man to teach with no sight; she stood up and changed into her school uniform then made her way to the kitchen seeing a familiar blondie.

Rosey.

Rosey was basically part of the family, she was friends with Paris since they were toddlers, and Paris' parents knew her very well and loved both girls equally.

"Good morning, Amor" Rosey smiled as she wrapped her arms around her best friend. Paris cringed at the sound of her second name falling from her lips but hugged her back anyway.

"What brings you here?" Paris was completely clueless as she pulled away.

"I came here for two reasons, one, my car broke down and two, I'm hungry." Rosey laughed as she took a seat near the kitchen table then grabbing a mangosteen from the basket of fruits. Paris rolled her eyes playfully and took a seat beside her and ate whatever was served from her maids.

"When are your parents arriving?" Rosey said with a mouthful of fruits. My parents. She thought to herself. It's been a while since she saw them. They had flown to London for a business trip. Leaving her with only her dog, maids and some pocket money.

"Honestly, I'm not really sure." She trailed off.

"Miss Paris! You're almost late again!" Her maid warned. The two girls stood up grabbing their bags and making their way to Paris' parent's car. Rosey sat on the driver's seat while Paris sat on the passenger seat since she still didn't know how to drive. Rosey then started the car and drove to Rosewood school. Paris let the sun from the sunroof take over her skin as she watched the trees and people pass by the car.

Slowly and slowly, her mind began wandering off to other things like Luke then, Michael, Rosey's boyfriend. Then, Mr. Hood. Her heart suddenly fluttered at the thought of him. You can't love him. He's older than you and he probably has a girlfriend. Her stupid conscience nagged. During the whole ride, all Paris ever thought of was her literature teacher.

"We're here!" Rosey announced as she grabbed all her things in a swift motion then leaving the Bentley.

Paris sighed. Still seated on the leather seat; playing with the new pair of glasses. She checked her watch and left the car. She slowly made her way to school. Passing by all the familiar faces then heading to her first class. Chemistry. She took a seat next to Luke and leaned her head against his shoulder.

"What's up with you?" Luke chuckled.

"I hate being single," She mumbled which Luke heard. He chuckled and grabbed her fragile pale hand. Drawing small circles on them with his thumb.

"I know you hate it. But just let things happen, stop chasing for the wrong people. The right one doesn't run." Luke replied. His eyes meeting her brown ones. Before she could reply, her chemistry teacher burst in the room and class officially started.

Chemistry class slowly started to end. Right now, Luke was busy studying random 'lint' on the microscope while Paris took down notes on what he observed.