Chapter 4 ~ A Late Night

Collette's POV**

I ran into Emmi and Brock's room wondering what happened. I walked into Emmi crying on the floor. She must have fallen off of the top bunk.

"Emmi are you okay, honey?" I ask her, tears on the brim of my eyelid.

"I-I-I was s-s-ared an an and then-"

"It's okay, Emmi, does anything hurt?" I asked her. She was crying so intensely that I cut her off because I couldn't understand her.

"Emmi! Are you okay?" Shay says as he runs into the room pulling back Emmi's hair.

"M-my arrrm!" Emmi wailed through the room.

"Daddy?" I hear a scared Brock say from the corner of his bed. He must be scared I completely forgot about him once I saw Emmi.

Shay looked up and motioned for Brock to come towards them. "Okay, Brock, I have a very important mission for you," his eyes lit up, "I need you to go downstairs and tell Gavin and Avia to put on some clothes because we are going to the hospital."

"Honey, can you go get Dax and I'll go to the hospital with Emmi. You can stay with Brock, Gavin, and Avia and bring them once they're dressed," I asked Shay. He agreed and went to get Daxton out of his crib. "Emmi, I'm going to take you to the hospital to get your arm checked out. It will all be okay."

"O-okay," Emmi said as she calmed down a little bit. She looked like she felt safe.

Emmi's POV**

I was having a bad dream about being kidnapped by a stranger in a black in red suit.
I was running but he seemed to be running faster.

"Come back here, Emmi, I will get you! Mwa, ha ha ha ha ha!"

(Author's Note: cheesy, I know, oh well.)

The man caught up to me and I rolled trying to escape him. I woke up to a cracking sound coming from my arm as I slam the ground of my bedroom. "Owwwwww!" I scream as I began to cry loudly.

"Emmi?" I hear Brock shout as he woke up to my scream. My arm hurt to much to respond. Then I hear my mom and dad running into my room.

Collette's POV**

I carefully wrapped a sheet around Emmi's arm and carried her to the car as she still sobbed, a little quieter though. I buckled her in and she stopped crying a little bit.

"Mommy? Are we going to the hospital?" Emmi asked.

"Yes. They're going to make your arm all better," I say as I kiss her on the cheek. Shay then walks out and puts Daxton in his car seat. He walked around the car and kissed Emmi.

"You're a tough little girl, Emmi. You'll be alright," Shay said as he walked back inside.

I jumped in the drivers seat and started driving to the Children's Hospital. When we got there I asked Emmi, "Can you walk to the doors?"

"Yes, my legs are fine," she says as she gets out of the car. She was so tough, I loved her.
I picked up Daxton and we walked to the front desk. I had to push the button since it was 2 in the morning.

"How can we help you?" A voice from the machine asked.

I pushed the button and said, "I think my daughters arm is broken. Can we have an X-Ray?"

The door clicked open and we were immediately admitted into a room, luckily they weren't packed crowded. A nurse with the name of Angela came in to bring Emmi to the X-Ray room.

"Emmi, I will take you to a room to take a picture of your arm. Then I will bring you back here to your mom and give you some medicine so you can sleep. You're probably tired," Angela explained to Emmi.

I was surprised when Emmi simply nodded, hugged me, and followed Angela out of the room.

Emmi's POV**

When Angela told me to follow her I did because I knew that nurses are good mostly because of when I had bad stomach pains and when Daxton was born. I remember both of them being really nice. I knew that Angela was going to be the same way. My arm, on the other hand, still hurt a TON and I kept it as still as possible as I walked behind Angela. She led me to a room just down the hall with a big curtain and lots of computers.

"Emmi, do you mind if I unwrap your little cast you have here for just a second?" Angela asked nicely.

I really didn't want to move my arm but I said, "Okay, just be careful. It hurts a lot." Angela agreed to my terms and unwrapped it very carefully.

"Can you place your arm on this table over here?"

I walked over to the table and Angela put a mask over my eyes to shield them from the light. I just stood still until I heard her say it was alright to move and I took the mask off with my good arm.

"The other nurses and I will look at your X-Ray while you're sleeping," she said as she motioned for me to follow her back to my room. When we got back she handed me a small cup of medicine that would take away the pain from my arm. I drank it and got in my bed while Angela went to look at my X-Ray.

"Honey, do you want me to wrap up your arm again so you can sleep better?" my mom asked me.

"Yes, can I go to sleep?" I said with a big yawn.

"Go right ahead, you're probably exhausted," she said as she kissed my forehead, "I love you."

"I love you too, Mommy," I whispered before I drifted into a sound sleep.

(Author's Note: Hey guys! Here's another update for you! What will Emmi's X-Ray say? I will try to update in the next few days. I've kinda been slacking on that and am trying to get better. If I don't have an update up by Friday keep typing in the comments so I'll update the story. I should have one up by Wednesday or maybe Thursday though. Thank you so much for reading my story and don't forget to vote and comment some ideas/suggestions!)